The True Value Of Hutch Prepaid

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 14,613
This is so unfair..Even IDEA Maharashtra circle has attractive schemes going on all the time.When Orange was offering 150 talktime on 330 refill, they were getting around 200-220 , plus less call rates.Now its good that they have effectively merged the two circles, so we can use IDEA cards in Mumbai freely...I think . I ll get my cousin from Aurangabad to try that .

QUOTE(max @ May 30 2006, 08:00 PM) [snapback]52713[/snapback]
I'm mostly switching to reliance...
[/b]
I'm thinking of doing just the opposite, trying to switch over to hutch.
Main reason is that reliance dont have good cell phones with good features, but they do have decent call rates and compared to others its cheaper. But many of my friends have hutch so thinking to switch over too. :)

QUOTE(aniketvb @ May 30 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]52721[/snapback]
This is so unfair..Even IDEA Maharashtra circle has attractive schemes going on all the time.
When Orange was offering 150 talktime on 330 refill, they were getting around 200-220 , plus less call rates.
Now its good that they have effectively merged the two circles, so we can use IDEA cards in Mumbai freely...I think . I ll get my cousin from Aurangabad to try that .
[/b]

Idea is available in Mumbai? :blink:

QUOTE(viralbug @ May 30 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]52734[/snapback]
I'm thinking of doing just the opposite, trying to switch over to hutch.
Main reason is that reliance dont have good cell phones with good features, but they do have decent call rates and compared to others its cheaper. But many of my friends have hutch so thinking to switch over too. :)
[/b]

No no...dont do that... Dont fall into the Hutch trap. Their network is PATHETIC for indoor usage. I've to f*cking put my head outside the window to speak... My mum has a reliance handset and she gets such a strong network even in very closed spaces where no other network is able to reach! BTW whats your opinion about the reliance network? Which handset have you used? I am thinking of using the Nokia 2255 or Kyocera SE47 slider? Do you have any friends who used these handsets or know about them? Which plan did you use? My needs are about 200 minutes + 50 SMSes of talk. My per month bill shouldn't go above 300 bucks ( tax included ). Which plan would you recommend??

It's quite the opposite for me. I use both Hutch and Reliance connections and so far i've never had to call the Hutch CC even once . Their network coverage here is really good and almost foolproof . With Reliance on the other hand although the voice clarity is slight better than Hutch but where i stay, they're having a lot of network problems with calls not materialising, wild signal fluctuations, constantly going in and out of service area, incoming calls not going through and handsets hanging n stuff. We were told that this is due to congestion and an extra tower is being put up to cope with it. That was 4 months back. Many ppl are surrendering their connections out of sheer frustration and the company is having to reimburse them. It works perfectly in other parts of the city though. So yea, it makes sense to go for the connection which works best in ur area.

haha believe it or not, i have the same problems with hutch in my area!

What has happened in Mumbai is that the number of subscriber has grown too much , and the Government is real stingy in giving away spectrum.So in Mumbai , all GSM networks face the same problem. Go to a crowded cell like Dadar or Andheri station in peak hours , and even though it shows full network strength , you will have to try 2-3 times before making a call succesfully..you will keep getting the message "network busy"And AFAIK , Hutch has become worse in Mumbai nowadays.The other day we were in a bus , when it rained very heavily on 31st May. My friends' Hutch phone refused to complete any calls . Even Airtel was kinda jammed. Dolphin and Reliance were working fine.Reliance has a technical egde here in the sense that CDMA uses spectrum more efficiently compared to GSM . So they can have larger cells ie. more signal strength per tower to penetrate indoors.If it werent for the pathetic CDMA handsets available , even I would have gone for Reliance prepaid..really attractive schemesAs far as value for prepaid goes , I think hutch prepaid is good (in Mumbai) if you refill for 400 or more. Then you get more bang for your buck.

Someone was telling me that in places like Palika they can convert a CDMA phone to GSM. I have no idea whether this is technically possible and whether they just misunderstood it or something - but does this really happen? If so, can you convert a GSM phoen to CDMA too?

@max-yeah i know that problem of hutch. my friends dont get network in the house. reliance network is very good, i get a good signal everywhere.about the plans, i cant suggest much, i dont know about postpaid plans, im on prepaid. one of my friends has Nokia 2255 and its quite good.i dont think you can convert gsm to cdma, unless the phone is compatible with both.

You cannot convert GSM to CDMA and vice versa, because they use totally different methods of multiplexing in the bandwidth alloted to the mobile operator.

QUOTE(aniketvb @ Jun 3 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]53119[/snapback]
You cannot convert GSM to CDMA and vice versa, because they use totally different methods of multiplexing in the bandwidth alloted to the mobile operator.
[/b]

well put

Back