• Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 17,399
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
I had taken a prepaid connection around one and a half months ago. Today I noticed that I am unable to make/receive any calls. When I contacted Customer Care, they said that my number has got blocked as my address verification failed. To avoid such problems, I had taken this connection from Tata Docomo Gallery. At that time, the Executive there had verified all the documents submitted by me as I had shown them the originals too. I had submitted a photocopy of my BSNL landline bill and PAN card as address proof and ID proof respectively, at the time of taking the connection.They didn't even have the courtesy to inform me by giving me a call or atleast an SMS so that I could have done something about it.After arguing a lot with them, the customer care executive escalated my call to his supervisor. He too stared telling me the same story again and concluded that I need to resubmit the documents again. I then asked him how was the verification done. For which he answered they had called the number of which the landline bill was submitted. I instantly called up at my home. My family informed that till the time they did not receive any call from Tata asking for such details. From this, its clear that the mistake is from their side, they might have dialed the wrong number. I asked them to call the number again and verify it, for which they answered that in order to process this I need to resubmit the documents.Now a days, without a mobile we are handicapped. As there was no option left for me, I thought if it is possible to submit the document at a nearby Tata Docomo Gallery in Mumbai (My number is Maharashtra number). I asked him whether i can submit the document at any place in Mumbai, as my number is a Maharashtra number. He confidently said that I can submit the same in Mumbai too. He also gave me a Tata Docomo Gallery address nearby to my office. I took a break from my office and rushed to Tata Docomo Gallery, to find that there is no such gallery or even a mobile store at that address. When I asked nearby, they said that it was closed a long long time ago. I then asked at a mobile store nearby whether there is any Tata Docomo Gallery nearby, to which he answered it is far away and gave me the address. I took a cab and went there. A CSR at that place said that I cannot submit the documents here as my number is a Maharashtra number.The so called SUPERVISOR cannot even clarify such small things, for which even I had doubt in mind. Also they don't even update their database of Tata Docomo Gallery. Now I have take a half day from office just to go and submit the documents at the same place from where i took the connection.I had to waste my valuable time and energy for which i got no result. I am back to square zero.If this continues, I will break the SIM card into two and throw in on their face.:@So, people, if you are ever planning to take a Tata Docomo connection think again.:notallowed:@TATADOCOMO Please don't bother asking me my contact details as you are USELESS.

Sad to know about the trouble you had. I guess this will be a one off case, due to some inefficient CC at docomo end. Hope tata will be listening to this and taking required action to stop this issues in the future.

I had taken a prepaid connection around one and a half months ago. Today I noticed that I am unable to make/receive any calls. When I contacted Customer Care, they said that my number has got blocked as my address verification failed. To avoid such problems, I had taken this connection from Tata Docomo Gallery. At that time, the Executive there had verified all the documents submitted by me as I had shown them the originals too. I had submitted a photocopy of my BSNL landline bill and PAN card as address proof and ID proof respectively, at the time of taking the connection.

They didn't even have the courtesy to inform me by giving me a call or atleast an SMS so that I could have done something about it.

After arguing a lot with them, the customer care executive escalated my call to his supervisor. He too stared telling me the same story again and concluded that I need to resubmit the documents again. I then asked him how was the verification done. For which he answered they had called the number of which the landline bill was submitted. I instantly called up at my home. My family informed that till the time they did not receive any call from Tata asking for such details. From this, its clear that the mistake is from their side, they might have dialed the wrong number. I asked them to call the number again and verify it, for which they answered that in order to process this I need to resubmit the documents.

Now a days, without a mobile we are handicapped. As there was no option left for me, I thought if it is possible to submit the document at a nearby Tata Docomo Gallery in Mumbai (My number is Maharashtra number). I asked him whether i can submit the document at any place in Mumbai, as my number is a Maharashtra number. He confidently said that I can submit the same in Mumbai too. He also gave me a Tata Docomo Gallery address nearby to my office. I took a break from my office and rushed to Tata Docomo Gallery, to find that there is no such gallery or even a mobile store at that address. When I asked nearby, they said that it was closed a long long time ago. I then asked at a mobile store nearby whether there is any Tata Docomo Gallery nearby, to which he answered it is far away and gave me the address. I took a cab and went there. A CSR at that place said that I cannot submit the documents here as my number is a Maharashtra number.

The so called SUPERVISOR cannot even clarify such small things, for which even I had doubt in mind. Also they don't even update their database of Tata Docomo Gallery. Now I have take a half day from office just to go and submit the documents at the same place from where i took the connection.

I had to waste my valuable time and energy for which i got no result. I am back to square zero.

If this continues, I will break the SIM card into two and throw in on their face.:@

So, people, if you are ever planning to take a Tata Docomo connection think again.:notallowed:

@TATADOCOMO Please don't bother asking me my contact details as you are USELESS.

Dear NSM,

Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number and your alternate contact number and email id so that we can get in touch with you or go to the following link - Tata DOCOMO Chat to get your query resolved through a Live Chat with our Customer Care executive.

Sad to know about the trouble you had. I guess this will be a one off case, due to some inefficient CC at docomo end. Hope tata will be listening to this and taking required action to stop this issues in the future.

I strongly doubt that this is a one off case. Just look around this forum, you will find many other people cursing the customer care and network coverage of Tata Docomo. Today I visited Tata Docomo gallery and narrated the whole incident, and they have reactivated my number. But the point is, this could have done yesterday too, if the SUPERVISOR at their place have properly guided me. It clearly exposes their inefficient Customer Care service. I think BSNL Customer Care is much better than this, the quality of BSNL Customer Care has increased a lot.

Number Portability is around the corner now. They should consider increasing the quality of their services or they will loose a lot of frustrated customers like me.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Dear NSM,

Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number and your alternate contact number and email id so that we can get in touch with you or go to the following link - Tata DOCOMO Chat to get your query resolved through a Live Chat with our Customer Care executive.

This whole conversation of me with the customer care of Tata happened using Live chat only. Please re-evaluate the efficiency of people placed at Live Chat before asking me to do the same old thing again. And I had specifically told you not to bother this thread, even then you have replied with your AUTOMATED RESPONSE.

Its clear, they dont read anything.... they just read 1 or 2 lines and based on that judge if customer is reporting problem.If problem is reported they simpy copy-paste standard response.such posts are clearly becoming nuisance on forum nowforum policy shud be re-evaluated and useless SUPPORT posts shud be banned.

Its clear, they dont read anything.... they just read 1 or 2 lines and based on that judge if customer is reporting problem.

If problem is reported they simpy copy-paste standard response.

such posts are clearly becoming nuisance on forum now

forum policy shud be re-evaluated and useless SUPPORT posts shud be banned.

Yes. You are absolutely right.

A sincere request to admin to re-evaluate the forum policy and ban such members who just keep posting copy-paste response, which is of no use.

Either way we will still require your details to escalate such complaints to our concerned departments. Apologies if you thought the response is automated

A sincere request to admin to re-evaluate the forum policy and ban such members who just keep posting copy-paste response, which is of no use.
Ya, this is total BS and SPAM. Even I'm against automated responses. I don't mind reading response from operators like the one above me but admin should seriously do something about this automated SPAM. This sucks. :|

Anyway, I haven't faced any "address verification" problem with any mobile operator / ISP till date.

Either way we will still require your details to escalate such complaints to our concerned departments. Apologies if you thought the response is automated

I'm saying it again "PLEASE DON'T BOTHER". I have already come across the people handling the escalations. As I said, I had interacted with some senior only who handles escalations.

@iChaitanya It might be a standardized response, however assure you its not automated and far from Spam. But looking at the feedback here we'll stop with the standardized responses.@nsm1234 It would be helpful if you let us knw the supervisors name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back