Thinking about buying a New Mobile Phone - Which brands are good and which ones to avoid?

• Thread starter Thread starter IrishIndian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 5,542

IrishIndian

ISP
Magnet
I am thinking about buying a New Mobile Phone - Which brands are good and which ones to avoid ? My budget is Rs. 20, 000.

If you're looking for AD free experience and good updates without having issues with your device then I suggest you to go with Motorola Edge series. Or any other model you like. I suggest Motorola devices to people who want to use their phone for long term + without having to bang their heads on wall because of terrible UI & other data related concerns. You can also go with Samsung but it's kind of going the same buggy way in mid range segment. I'm telling you : Never ever go with MI, Oppo, Vivo, their sub brands etc. Until and unless you want a cluttery UI with unwanted & inappropriate notifications. Thanks

My budget is Rs. 20,000

I wont be using the mobile for gaming but for Facebook, Youtube, calls, photo etc

Must have Feature - NFC, Dual Sim
Desirable - Metal body

most of the bloat was removable directly. more can be removed using adb commands (there are apps available that does the job for you. you just have to select and press uninstall). most of the ui has been ad free as long as you avoid realme's own apps. yesterday for some reason i opened their weather app and there was a full screen ad for some reason. mi is much worse in my experience. the way they inject their 'scanner' when you install an app which has ads on it. very annoying.

in this aspect, i would say moto is definitely a better choice. but i really hate not having basic features like gestures to lock phone and other stuff on moto's version of android. plus a phone costing 15K+ (Moto G71) does not even have a compass and barometer. pretty crazy.

i really dislike using power button to lock the phone.

regarding @IrishIndian... i do not think many phones have nfc in this segment. not even sure what one would use them for with limited support for card payments in india through nfc on phones. but yeah moto g71 for some reason does have nfc iirc.

Yes, Moto Phones support 13 5G bands + NFC & those features. G71 only lacks a compass sensor but TBH I took 3-4 trips on maps and it doesn't make much difference. Although sometimes it takes some time to verify whether I'm on flyover or not... On every other model there is a compass sensor. You can go for it. My friend's realme phone has it's own browser which keeps pushing adware notifications. Totally rubbish notifications of non family friendly content.

Compass sensor has really saved me plenty of times (10 - 50 m of travel) while using maps tho, might be a deal breaker for some, otherwise the phone is near perfect for the price for plenty of individuals.

@IrishIndian Yes, If compass sensor is very important for you then you can go with edge series or something. Edge 30 Fusion is also about to come out.

Back