Thinking about buying a New Mobile Phone - Which brands are good and which ones to avoid?

• Thread starter Thread starter IrishIndian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 5,542
Absolutely. Even their budget phones are best in terms of network reception and all aspects. Never ever go for Mi & other bloatware filled trash.

How does one interpret from these two links which bands are supported by which mobile operator? lol Someone needs to create a website regarding which operator supports which n band in which circle.

I tried to put the DoT auction results data from their pdf into a spreadsheet here, where I've added the band numbers per Wikipedia's band details. I haven't checked the data closely to ensure the pdf has been faithfully converted, but as a rough test, the totals for raised amount (1.5 lakh crore) and auctioned spectrum (51GHz) match the reported values. It appears n77/n78 band is where most of the spectrum was bought. Jio has won n28 pan-India as well, so those 3 bands look to be the most important for us.

If anyone wishes to play with the data, here's the link to download the spreadsheet as ods.

The 2010 3g/4g auctions were for 20-year licenses, so telcos can use that spectrum for 5G as well. So I think looking at just the recent auctions isn't enough to figure out which 5G bands will actually be used. I was wrong to say above that only 3 bands are important.

If someone is at the mobile phone showroom looking for a 5G phone, should we tell him to open this website? lol

gonna buy moto g82. A few questions to those who have had moto phones, do they come up with protector case and tempered glass? if not, then where do I order the accessories from?

I had to get a generic shitty fiber protector for dad's g71. I had bought a tampered from Amazon but the shop guy said it was not going to fit. Probably should have at least tried coz I never bothered arguing with Amazon to return it.

Phone did come with transparent case for g71 iirc.

All Moto phones come with a transparent case. No tempered glass though. I got tempered glass from a local shop for ₹150. You will be able to find one with a good fit for all models without curved glass.

Back