Those who have the 1GBPS plan, how much speed are you getting?

ISP
BSNL
I recently opted for the 1Gbps plan but most of the time I'm only getting speeds of around 700-750MBPS with peaks of upto 850Mbps. Is this normal?

16436706482.png

appreciate your courage to take 1Gbps plan with BSNL.
I think this is the maximum you will get. inorder to get more than 900 Mbps your fiber cables need to be properly laid, and it also depends on your LCO. usually with other ISPs they give a dedicated port

940 Mbps up and down. However, I faintly remember reading here that if I get a particular ONU with 2.5G LAN port, one can get over 1 gbps speeds. You also need to have the whole link chain... router, switch and your PC to be 2.5G capable.

@akshay71 Yup. My Router is 2.5G Lan Port 1 Support & 1G Lan Port 2 support. My PC is Wi-Fi 6E with 2.5GBPS LAN Support

I've received appx. 1,050MBPS Speed Download / 1,200MBPS Speed Upload on 1GBPS Plan.

So yeah, Your Router, Your Ethernet Cable, Your PC and many other factors requires to get 1GBPS+ Speed. BSNL is capable for it but most of PCs aren't

Screenshot-2024-06-30-at-4-13-07-AM.png

BSNL's 1Gig profile is set to 1174Mbps so, if you got an ONT that negotiates at 2.5G/10G, you can actually get >1Gig.

contact your LCO to provide dedicated port of 1GBPS to you.
It doesn't really work that way. Doing that will get into ILL over GPON territory, which would cost you ~21Lakhs a year on BSNL.

For most of you, LCO will only be having 1Gig or multiples of 1Gig uplinks (for high density OLTs) from BSNL. They are upgrading most 1Gig to 10Gig.

Back