Times of India fails at reviewing DTH Service Providers

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 8,148
So true for both TOI and Airtel. We should register our protest by boycotting them. I have boycotted TOI, I don't get that (not that others are good). I am in no position to boycott Airtel yet.

Boycotting Airtel is quite difficult
Normally they maintain their status as 1 notch better than the company just below them
So, you wont find any real alternative to Airtel without compromising on Quality easily

Airtel is overall good, does not mean it has great quality.I have taken off Airtel Landline and Broadband (after many years). Still going with Airtel on my secondary phone as 3G is cheap (3G in 2G recharge).Vodafone/Aircel (in some areas) are fine for alternatives

Airtel is overall good, does not mean it has great quality.

I have taken off Airtel Landline and Broadband (after many years). Still going with Airtel on my secondary phone as 3G is cheap (3G in 2G recharge).

Vodafone/Aircel (in some areas) are fine for alternatives

Are you using spectranet(from your sig)?
Is their uptime better than airtel?

Are you using spectranet(from your sig)?
Is their uptime better than airtel?

Great experience for me with Spectranet. once or twice downtime in a month, promptly handled by them. But many others in the forum were not as lucky!

I get 1.5+ mbps for 1k with no FUP. That is a great deal. happy to leave Airtel :)

Great experience for me with Spectranet. once or twice downtime in a month, promptly handled by them. But many others in the forum were not as lucky!

I get 1.5+ mbps for 1k with no FUP. That is a great deal. happy to leave Airtel :)

I guess it could be said that Airtel is (was) like Mc Donalds
Some places better than the local guys, some places worse
but consistent wherever they are

Airtel was undisputed until they thought of self destructing with FUP, Crappier service (they outsourced their BB service in Blr, problems started from then), CC going bad and of course bad plans in mobile (no per min, and 2G recharges)

now that damage is done.... people or buyers who dont understand the technology will obviously go for airtel or videocon after reading the misguiding article.

So, wts the Issue then. There is nothing misleading written about Videocon d2h atleast. But TS had been intentionally shown down. Definately damage done for them.

Thanks to Times Of India, since now a days journalism is more about paid created news than actually bringing the 'real' truth out. Times Of India's slogan which is 'Let Truth Prevail' is the biggest joke, since it now means 'Let 'Paid Manuplative' Truth' Prevail. It's also a very known fact that if one has to save themselves from being investigated via news channels or newspapers, one has to pay bribe or shielding / protection money to newspapers / news channels. TOI is a pioneer in this, since many news articles which are first published are never followed up again, since obviously the damage doers have kept newspapers including TOI and news channels at bay.Anyway, I dont think damage is done since public memory is short lived for such article and end up just being a harmless archive. The comments in the TOI page are proof enough for this.At the end of the day, user experiences and word of mouth publicity prevail and are better advertising tools than reading a false misleading article.

Back