TRAI issue directives for DTH Operators in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Broun73
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 9,089
yes.. actually i am happy because even my cable operator wud be forced to offer STB on rent!!

so its better to wait for some time before buying

umm the rules also say that they would have to offer refund to existing customers in case they do not want to continue with their services. sounds too consumer friendly. sounds too improbable.

yes.. actually i am happy because even my cable operator wud be forced to offer STB on rent!!

umm is ur cable guy a DTH service provider?

no we are not in CAS area but cable op practices monopoly and forcing ppl to buy STB to see what he calls exclusive channels (e.g star cricket)now if DTH guys offer STB for rent he wud have to do same too.

the competition could bring much better service, rather than having monopoly of dth, cable, but even more important is regulations, now onlythey also could do something about content.

That was a good step taken by TRAI to regulate Dth and hoping for the best that it works in the same way.As there is much more to read in this apart from what we have discussed here.

yes, there was always cable guy even today we have in our place, disconnects / connects, permanently disconnects channels, , as if he is telephone operator, on his own will.

It's interesting to see TRAI taking such a proactive approach with regards to DTH. It will only mean good things for consumers. Shame they did not do it for the cable industry which is now going to die a slow and a painful death.

I think its too early for any celebrations.Trai rules will be flouted by dth operators,they will add terms and conditions to give the impression of fair play.let's see December is not far.

yes they will are going to do all sorts of tricks, and again it will bounce backon us.

Back