TRAI issue directives for DTH Operators in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Broun73
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 9,089
Cable operators are not waiting for TRAI, CAS etc. Competition is already forcing them to listen to customers (at least some cable operators). When I shifted to Hathway Digital from plain cable in Jan 2006, I paid INR 2500 for the box which was a total loss when I moved on to Tata-Sky.About 6-8 months ago, the CO started a scheme wherein he offered the box for free if one paid six-months subscription in advance. Recently, my uncle wanted to move to DTH as his CO was not providing Sun. I told him to wait for some time as DTH providers were not providing some tamil channels. Now, not only is his CO providing Sun (a pay channel), but the fellow has also installed a box at his place for a monthly rent of INR 30. No installation charges, no increase in monthly rentals and he gets six tamil channels. Beat that.

i am not sure what is wrong with my cable guy. the place has access to both zee dish tv and Tata Sky. still he continued to provide shitty service. forget good quality channels, he did not even had power backup for his equipment.funny thing is that even though i am not paying him any more, he has not cut the connection to my place. maybe i should not have paid him anyways before i had bought the zee dish tv connection.

Its not your cable op. alone. 99 out of 100 are like that. Although the CO sold me the box, 10-20 channels stopped appearing two months later, complaining about low signal quality. The CO would not listen and said the internal wiring needed to be replaced. No problem from his end.When the Bombay HC banned all movie channels and Hathway control room (being located in Bombay) blacked out all english and other movie channels, that was the last straw for me to move over to DTH. Have not had too many problems since then and have not called the TSky CC in over 9 months.

if the government had made them accountable. made them to pay the service tax for every connection he is providing... he would have to get paid by every customer. and he would have to keep all of them happy. :Dbut then it is largely an unorganized sector.

They did try. They sent people to carry out a survey of who was using cable and who wasn't. They are losing entertainment tax (at least in Maharashtra) of INR 30 on every undisclosed subscriber. My fellow provided a bill on his own stationery, not a computer-printed one. He did accept cheques though. Don't know how he managed to beat an audit.

checks? that's pretty. no one here would accept that!not even my dth guy. he did took the CC though. with 2.5% extra though. :(

abhi to gode pe lagam daalne ki koshish hain. goda control main aane ko time lagega. but something good. if not everything, they will have to follow atleast something.

exactly. even if they manage to get one of these two settings, customers would benefit immensely. 1. Refund for paid STBs2. STBs on rent

i am waiting for STB on rent, no zanzat of STB refund (anyway not mine) and (hopefully) free upgrades if technology/firmware changes.but most importantly waiting for cable op to offer STB with rent!

Important thing to note in this TRAI regulation for DTH:

No call charges are levied upon, or payable by its DTH subscriber, for calls made to the "toll free number" or "consumer care number" or "help line number" or special number, as the case may be.

Now Mr.Ajuravi007 and our fellow members would not mind calling Tata Sky CC again and again :thumbsup::hysterical:

Back