That was always the case.
balajik said:
This is an anthology series, meaning the story will end in this season (8 episodes). If HBO renews it, which it likely will, given the good ratings, the critical buzz and a likelihood of a rich haul of awards, the second season will be a new story with a new set of characters and possibly a similar A-list actors.

8 episodes... i have seen just one. it was so heavy.

Phew. Finally the series season has come to an end. Honestly speaking, I couldn't understand half the things Rust or Mattthew says. Agree that he is an exemplary actor but this stuff went way over my head. If I had to comprehend half the things he was saying, it would take me hours just to watch 1 episode. Each episode is like reading 500 pages from a novel. Show is good nonetheless but it is not meant for me. I still saw it because I was only interested in finding out the killer. :tongue:

I thought the clue (the green paint) they used to find the culprit was weak. But the show was less about the investigation and more about the characters and social commentary. I liked it.
Matthew McConaughey will win an acting Emmy for this show, especially since this would be entering under the miniseries category and he wouldn't be going against Bryan Cranston (BrBa).
Woody Harrelson could win for supporting actor. He didn't get flowery poetical lines like Matthew did but his is an under-rated character.

Holy. What an series. The whole theme is awesome and great acting by lead pair. Its kinda slow but Matthew speaks much philosophy in his accent that I had to pause and reflect upon the things said. All in all, an awesome show.

Back