Trying to use MNP to shift from Airtel to Vodafone

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 115
  • Views Views 20,976
heh nope. this is more of a gamble that could cause me 6 months of frustration. i would change the number yet again if vodafone fails. :P

you raised a valid point though, i should have purchased a vodafone prepaid sim just for testing alone :(

i am however expecting airtel to block my MNP request. :D

make a manual search on your phone. First will be airtel..and then which ever has more signal will be 2nd and so on......do it 2 to 3 times.u will get a exact idea
put your phone in GSM

I tried the above logic:1. Manual Scan on Vodafone SimVodafone405-836TATA DocomoRelianceetisalatAircelIdeaMTNLAirtelIn Unitech2. Manual Scan on Reliance GSM Sim:RelianceIdeaAircelTata GsmetisalatBpl MobileVideoconAirtelIn UnitechNow I am confused a lot, bcoz I have to port out Vodafone to Idea and Idea ranking different in both the Sims.

There is a option under MNP section of vodafone ivr to check the status of the porting request..I too ported from airtel to vodafone and checked my porting request frequently on cust care no.....

so what number do i call from a non vodafone mobile connection?

so what number do i call from a non vodafone mobile connection?

argh. we have no information about this number. :|

----------

talked to some vodafone guy. told me that i can call again once the seven day period is over. so i guess i would try again on wednesday.

Back