Ubuntu 9.04 Released

• Thread starter Thread starter DrSRQ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 162
  • Views Views 25,584
i have been writing to ntfs for years now :P still. they give no guarantee i believe because its all reverse engineered?:) i can say however that i have never faced problems on ntfs partition even if computer rebooted during writing on the ntfs partition :P

Ok.So ,Should I apt-get upgrade to jaunty (whatever) ?

I'd suggest waiting a day or two for the release then download full ISO via bittorrent (as suggested officially) to get full speed... i usually prefer fresh installs and apt-get will be very slow what with the whole world downloading during the release time :)

still. they give no guarantee i believe because its all reverse engineered?

yea there is still likely bugs due to it being reverse engineered, but so far luckily i havent noticed anything (unless its silently corrupting my precious data on NTFS partitions!)

After six alphas, a beta and a release candidate, we are pleased to announce that Ubuntu 9.04 is here, today (April 23rd), available on mirrors worldwide (see the download links at the end of the article), and it's our greatest pleasure to introduce you guys to the highlights of this new release dubbed Jaunty Jackalope. It all began on February 20th, when Mark Shuttleworth announced the Jaunty Jackalope, also known as Ubuntu 9.04, the next major release of the popular Ubuntu Linux operating system. Ubuntu 9.04 is also the tenth release of the Ubuntu OS and will be supported for 18 months on both servers and desktops.

Source: Softpedia

Installed.. and using it now.. Its good.. Though much of diff between the old version..

Still Downloading.....:huh:
Slow net connection ...... :@

----------

Is bitcomet and torrnet works in Linux? :huh:

Back