Ubuntu 9.04 Released

• Thread starter Thread starter DrSRQ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 162
  • Views Views 25,234
that ntfs utility does that for you.

with wubi... the C: drive was already set up as HOST on root. rest were put in media.

----------

btw. i am back to vista for the time being. major headache.

^Run a chkdsk on your wubi partition(C:\> ??) .
--
anyone remembers how to auto mount drives on startup and not show their icons on the desktop ? i forgot how to do it
gconftool-2 to probe the nautilus option.else install gui - gconf-editor .

--
@all : Ubuntu Jaunty jackelope will be available 2 days before itself.the thing is ,they are hideously "spreading" the iso to all mirrors.
So ?Search and find ;) .I will download the release iso day after tomorrow(hopefully!).

well the iso file i downloaded did not have any RC in it. it was just jaunty-desktop-amd64.iso

----------

i thought this version was supposed to come with empathy instead of pidgin :P

i had to manually install empathy. it lacks tons of features that are available in pidgin. :p

firefox has always ended up looking like that for me in kde :P

i just install kde-desktop over ubuntu. that could be the problem i guess?

install a few packages with "qtcurve" in the name, its a good clean KDE theme... and firefox and other gnome apps look good with it too...

even on wubi, ubuntu boots on my system in around 30 seconds. to functional desktop!

----------

now trying to get chromium on this thingy.

----------

hah. not usable at all :P

Can i access Windows files from Linux os.:huh: Windows use NTFS which is not used by Linux. I not yet tried.:|

you can read and write on ntfs from linux. writing is not recommended but it works fine.

the "not recommended" part is no longer true :) latest versions of ntfs-3g are considered stable for writing too... i've been saving files (torrent downloads) to NTFS via jaunty for weeks now, all fine...

Back