Unable to change settings in richerlink ONU

a.c

ISP
Excitel
So,

I moved to fiber and the ONU installed is by some richerlink company.
Model: RL801G

The username: useradmin and the corresponding password is printed on the onu but this does not allow me to change anything (i can see the status of wan, lan change basic mac id filtering/url filtering). I can't seem to find the admin password anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

🎉 What is the default admin user and password so that it could help others? 🚀

How about if you do not configure any WAN profile? It might default to bridge mode.

Upvote 0
Also, looks like its running a customized firmware for your ISP? The username field has the rinetworks.in name included by default.

Upvote 0
Well, sadly they never told me the actual admin password. They just told that it has been changed to admin:admin (user : pass) and now I can access and change it as per my requirement. Yup even I noticed that rinetworks.in name. Also you have any idea regarding TR069 settings?

673UNkR.png

Upvote 0
Update: Finally after getting in touch with the customer care I got the onu password changed to the default one so that I can change it to what I want.

Another issue now: I have another router behind the ONU but the ONU does not have any bridge mode option. I am currently setting up my second router as a DMZ host on the ONU. So that I can port forward/use Upnp on that.

Added a screenshot of WAN settings as you can see for the mode option only Route is available. Not sure what the last option is "Enable mode that mixed with PPPoe, bridge and routing"?

S2RtbLX.png

For bridge mode just delete the config in WAN page? Or dont create any if you haven't already created a config? That should leave your ONU in bridge mode perhaps.

Upvote 0
This is the same titanium gateway that excitel is also using.
For me default username was excitel and password was exc123
To access only wan settings it was admin and password as my mac address(without colons)
It's a headache configuring this gateway

Upvote 0
Well as of now the customer support has been really helpful you quickly get transferred to the tech team who actually understood my problems.

So they have multiple vendors for the ONU. The guy told me the current ONU does not support bridge mode and he will be setting up a request to get the ONU changed.

Upvote 0
So no luck getting ONU into bridge mode from their side. Looking at the router's webUI code they have not removed anything from the backend. If I just add another option by inspecting the element with a value of "bridge" it happily goes into the bridge mode (need it to go into the bridge mode for the vlan id needed for pppoe). Although I am still unable to log in via pppoe from my router. Have tried some more username options with/without @rinetworks.in and giving service and server name as rinetworks but have had no luck till now.

Settings shown by enabling bridge mode via editing the webUI code.
IMG_20200223_013557.webp

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back