Unable to configure my zte zxdsl 831 all modem

eruptionjoojo

ISP
bsnl
i am using zte zxdsl 831 all modem provided by bsnl .......... but i m unable to configure out my modem to change the dns server settings.........can i change them ..... pls. help me..........actually i am wanting to use open dns for which i want to configure the modem dns server settins while i have already changed my network settings of my windows vista home premium.....................kindly help me sort the problem.......

what connection settings you are using...in bridge mode (dialup like) you need not to configure modem itself.connect internet, while the connection estiblish, and icon appears on right side above time display, (taskbar) right click connection icon (do not click on LAN connection)...u will see there disconnect and status butten.click status --> click properties. new window will open (connection properties)go to networking tab. click Internet Protocol(TCP/IP). click Properties. select "use the following dns server address". enter your desired dns server. click ok -- ok, disconnect and reconnect.Please tell me if u are using Always on connection, i will give u details for that also.

i have a always on connection i.e. dataone from bsnl.....but in the modem which i have mentioned their is no such option as to set the dns server, but in it's overview section it shows the dns server which is being utlized by the modem but, their is no option to change it's setting............thanks for the prompt reply

For always on connection..

open your browser, type http://192.168.1.1/home1.html remember home1.html

enter user : pass as admin : admin to login in modem confuguration.

1. click on configuration

2. click on DNS Client

3. in right side on ip address, enter desired DNS server

4. click ADD butten.

5. repeat step 3 and 4 to add secondary DNS server.

IF U HAVE PREVIOUS SERVER ENTRY, DELETE THEM BEFORE ADDING NEW

Tell me is it working or not....

Thanks a lot 4 the post,yes it did help me out ........i was basically typing http://192.168.1.1:2800/home.html & this didn't show all the options & only had 3 options under the configuration section that r : - local network:internet:dsl home.................................thanks a lot.............bbbbbbyyeeeeeeeee.........take care......

can u provide me user manual of this modem i.e. zte zxdsl 831 aii............bsnl technicians didn't provide me one & i didn't get any cd as well of drivers they told me that these modem where without cd & kindly explain what is firmware option meaning........??????????????

I will provide u the driver,manual, and other files came along with the cd. I had cd which is original ZTE cd available with modem. give me some time.

Firmware: today electronic equipments like DVD Players, DTH set top box. Game consoles, and of course broadband modems. are using some sort of programs to do their work, like u use windows/linux to work on your computer.

These piece of codes, programs are installed in hardware level, at the time of manufacturing. these software are called firmware.\

- Firmware is programming that is inserted into programmable read-only memory (programmable ROM), thus becoming a permanent part of a computing device. Firmware is created and tested like software (using microcode simulation). When ready, it can be distributed like other software and, using a special user interface, installed in the programmable read-only memory by the user. Firmware is sometimes distributed for printers, modems, and other computer devices.

if after some time the company release new software/bugfix for their product, the firmware then should be upgraded. thats why u have firmware upgrade option. now if u go with wrong version of firmware (build for another model), your product may not work properly. so there is a option to backup your previous firmware, which is working perfectly.

thnks ........ i was wondering does bsnol provide any help cd as well this is because i read in a post about it..........waiting for ur reply ...............

Back