Unable to configure my zte zxdsl 831 all modem

in windows do you require a dialer to connect to the internet or does the internet work as soon as you switch on your modem?

" It does automatically connect me"i have tried the below stepsdesktop-administrator-networkcleick on newchoose "xdsl connection "and then i entered my user name and provider name as BSNLfinally i done an activate and below error obtained "/sbin/adsl -start line 217:4415 terminated $CONNECT $@> /DEV/NULL 2>&1I also seems to have got this error too" eth0:3c501 device does not seem to be present"please help

if it automatically connects you, then you dont need to setup a connection..just make sure that eth0 gets an ip.go to system->admin->network and go to eth0 properties and set it to DHCP and then try.

eth0:3c501 device does not seem to be present " error is still commingby the way can u please provie me guide line how to set it DHCP?Please

you normally can set DHCP by going to system->admin->network

Hi , thank you for being patient..But it still dont work.." eth0:3c501 device does not seem to be present" since this was the device selected as default i had choosen this...is this due to any driver installation missing for Network card?

could be.. are you connecting via LAN or USB?? go to the terminal and type ifconfig and post output here

[root@localhost ~]# ifconfig -a
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:1136 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1136 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:1113650 (1.0 MiB) TX bytes:1113650 (1.0 MiB)

sit0 Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4
NOARP MTU:1480 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

Back