Unable to configure my zte zxdsl 831 all modem

Thnks 4 uploading the drivers but while i downloaded them via rapid share i tried to open the rar file in it , but winrar showed the error that:- "either the format is not supported or the file is damaged " kindly upload it once again on someother site.....thnks in advance..........

UPDATE 0919am 6th april

guide.pdf - By Nitro PDF Software
with screenshots.
/members/eruptionjoojo/
try the Pdf file given in post 8.
http://gujarat.bsnl.co.in/ZTE2.PDF

For USBdrivers searching alternate website.
Not needed unless you have another desktop/ laptop computer.
Translated version of http://stream-tst.ru/site-map/
for reference : No usb drivers.
http://www.geocities.com/zikhsan/zte/

eruptionjoojo. Please wait one or two days, my bsnl telephone is dead, hence no broadband since 03/04/2008, and it will take 2 days more, then i will uploade drivers to another file hosting site.

and yes essbebe is right, if u are planning to use USB connection and does not have LAN card/Port, then only u require these usb driver.

but the dialer (PPPOE) is a good try, it provide total month's upload/download details. IN BRIDGE MODE OFCOURSE (dialer are required in bridge mode only)

pls. kindly help me............I am using windows vista home premium operating system from Dell,Avast home edition 4.8 as antivirus..... and have a dataone broadband connection from bsnl......but,i don't know why while using vista my net gets disconnected very often then i have to switch on and off and on the modem ...........i even disabled windows firewall as well as antivirus but,of no use as still the internet got disconnected.....the connection is lost after 3-5min. of switching on the modem while the modem led's displaying dsl link,internet,power,pc/usb are working fine but,the connection is lost.on the contrary while i use ubuntu (gusty gibbon) 7.10 the internet works fine............so,kindly help me in sorting my problem i have a zte zxdsl 831 all modem

while i use ubuntu (gusty gibbon) 7.10 the internet works fine............
Since you have frequent disconnection with VISTA only, better to leave modem settings alone.
Check TCP/IP properties in Vista Mode and disable IPV6 .
See In "Advanced " Netbios setting is default..
Compare Ipconfig/all with both systems.
Sometimes lowering the MTU to 1492 may help. ( see in Properties) the lan card top configure ) not for Vista.

I am using pppoe mode in my modem..................and could u people kindly explain tcpv6 importance and ways to maniplate it??...............thnks in advance

am using pppoe mode in my modem.
Please clarify, whether your connection is "always on".
This means you do not enter your ID and PW using a wanminiport dialer with modem in "bridged" mode.
Para two:
Since you said with LINUX everything Ok, presumed you are an experienced
internet user. To access TCP IP properties
please wait for a Vista user to help you ,as my OS. XP Pro sp2 procedure is different. It was given in some thread here. I have to search again. or "google".

I am unable to post quick reply as even after logging in to my account it shows that i m' not logged in.................I m having a always on connection......i m using pppoe mode..........i know how to disable tcp/ip v6. i suppose but, not sure about the steps involved..............but,could u pls. tell me how does it effect my internet connectivity????............Sry!for the delayed reply as i was trying 2 figure out t problem myself

members/eruptionjoojo/zte zxdsl 831 all modem
SUMMARY:using vista my net gets disconnected very often
(gusty gibbon) 7.10 the internet works fine...
can access TCP/IP properties. Will disabling IPV6 help ? Why ?
-------------------------------------
There is no input from you to solve your problem., You want explanation for Ipv6 .
@onlytest has given threadbare information for the modem, and you have not posted at least a screen shot , showing snr attn mod mode etc.
Again if in Linux everything is fine , Post No 14
while i use ubuntu (gusty gibbon) 7.10 the internet works fine..........
why bother about Vista ? May be this modem is not compatible with Vista. This statement of yours has
eliminated the need for modem settings to be reviewed.

UPDATE 0820 pm : Try this tool for Vista/XP partly ,to check your Internet connection. Will work in IE only.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/tools/igd/default.mspx

Back