Unable to connect BSNL 3G on Nokia 5800

• Thread starter Thread starter sgx100
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,235

sgx100

ISP
3G BSNL & Reliance NetConnect Broadband +
Hi,Got the BSNL 3G SIM yday and got the FRC 120 and 55 topup.I have fiddled around with a lot of settings but havent been able to browse on my phone or laptop.Even the settings sent by BSNL failed to work. :frown:Any of you who are using Nokia 5800 can share share something...That would be great.Im planning to get a Hwuwei UMG 1831 soon but by that time the 7 days unlimited D/L would end .....so need to get 3G working on my phone asap :happy:

55 recharge for what?? just curious ?? is that data related or just simple talktime recharge ???

Send a SMS to 58355 with your Model number in this case "Nokia 5800" you would receive the proper settings as return SMS.Use the connection setting bsnlnet for browsing using 3G.If you are getting the problem "Packet Data Connection Unavailable" error with bsnlnet, please contact customer care or better visit Telephone Bhavan to get this rectified from BSNL site.For me couple of months back my 3G connection stopped working "Packet Data Connection Unavailable" error on my Nokia handset, I had to go to BSNL customer care center and wasted 2 hours with the BSNL engineer to get this rectified, that changed some settings in their internal database for my connection to re enable 3G(only one person in that center knew anything about 3G)

I have 5800 with working 3G.Go to Menu>settings>connectivity>destinations>Internet> then option>new accesspointGive the name bsnlnet. change APN to bsnlnet if blank. (in my phone it took same apn as sccess point name.)When browsing use this access point.

Back