Urgent - New BSNL connection

• Thread starter Thread starter nk1982
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6,595

nk1982

ISP
Reliance Netconnect
Hi Everyone,I am a new member on this forum. I need urgent help from all you guyz who are already using BSNL Dataone connection.I currently live in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad (UP). There was no ISP in my area till date, so i was using Reliance Netconnect Datacard. And its dead slow as you all know.Just a week back BSNL setup new lines. When i heard abt it...i was overjoyed. So i quickly went to a nearby BSNL office to enquire about getting a new connection. As already discussed in the forum, BSNL customer support totally sucks. I didnt get any info from the office..except the 2 forms. 1 for New phone connection. Other for Dataone broadband.I even called the Broadband Helpline no, but that was also not satisfactory.So i need help frm you ppl to guide me.Q1) Do i need to apply for phone connection first. And then only i can apply for broadband ? Is that the rule. Thats what the Customer support told me.Why cant i apply for Broadband & New connection the same time ? I think its waste of time applying seperately.Q2) If the customer support is correct...then how much Demand Draft i would have to make for if i first apply for phone connection. Else, how much if apply for both same time ?Q3) Is it necessary to use Modem from BSNL ? I already have a ADSL modem from Airtel. If i can use it...then how can i make it work with BSNL ?Q4) How much time it will take to get connection ?Here's the details of the plan i am interested in, and the options i have. Based on that, if anyone can tell me about :* How much amount to give in Demand Draft..at form submission.* How much Bill ( Hidden costs ) will it be the first time..ie first bill# Broadband Plan : 750 UL+# Modem : My Own# Phone connection plan: I want a rent free one. So i liked 750UL+ plan# Phone instrument: I already have one.Any kind of info on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanceEagerly waiting for some comments,Nimesh :redface:

Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
See this site for tariff details / amount to be paid.
BSNL- Landline Service Tariff Card
All about telephone connections:
BSNL- Landline Service Tariff Card
If you have Beetel 220BX modem no problem.
can be used for BSNL. vpi vci 0 35. more later.

nk1982 said:
Q1) Do i need to apply for phone connection first. And then only i can apply for broadband ? Is that the rule. Thats what the Customer support told me.
Why cant i apply for Broadband & New connection the same time ? I think its waste of time applying seperately.
You can apply for both at the same time.. you can just tell them that you want broadband connection.. so that they will give telephone connection along with it.. just fill up broadband connection where they ask you whether you have a telephone connection already. Say NO.

nk1982 said:
Q2) If the customer support is correct...then how much Demand Draft i would have to make for if i first apply for phone connection. Else, how much if apply for both same time ?

Normally they wont charge any. it comes in first month bill. May differs from state. in karnataka, it comes along with the bill. am on 750ul+ plan, and i got everythi in first month bill
[/quote]

nk1982 said:
Q3) Is it necessary to use Modem from BSNL ? I already have a ADSL modem from Airtel. If i can use it...then how can i make it work with BSNL ?
If that modem supports, you can use it. just write down the model number as someone can tell whether it can be used ! if you want to rent it, for a wireless it is 90rs rent, and 60 rs for normal router/modem
nk1982 said:
Q4) How much time it will take to get connection ?
depends up on the free lines and connectivity.. i got in a week

nk1982 said:
* How much amount to give in Demand Draft..at form submission.
* How much Bill ( Hidden costs ) will it be the first time..ie first bill

# Broadband Plan : 750 UL+
# Modem : My Own
# Phone connection plan: I want a rent free one. So i liked 750UL+ plan
# Phone instrument: I already have one.

phone instrument is free...
if you use modem of ur own

dd: you dont have to pay anything initially (changes may be there) !

First month bill
:
one month deposit : 750
one month rental :750
no modem/no rental... :0
if modem/rental : 500 for deposit + 60/90 for rent !
installation charges :250 (may be waved off for some) (telephone installation may be charged and broadband installation may be free.. check it out )
both may not be installed on same day... after installing the phone, they take a weeks time to install the broadband !!

and + taxes !!

if you want std, 500 or 1000 rs also will be charged in first month bill

you can expect almost 2000 if you just stick without std and without modem/rent !!

1500+ 250+ tax will be less than 2000 !!

hope this helps

thanks appus...that info was on to the point. Very well written and explained.I really appreciate that. That has cleared all my Qs. Will go submit by application now.Thanks to essbebe as well.Great forum...:thumbsup:

Since you have the BSNL phone have this dialup service as STANDBY.
Rs 6/per hour plus telephone charges. ( included in your Telephone bill )

NETONE - BSNL

Dial using following information from any dialer.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE

- Dial No : 172222
- Username: STD Code Without Zero+Telephone Number
- Password: Any Desired Password
Open NETONE - BSNL website.

Fill up the Registration Form.

Since you have the BSNL phone have this dialup service as STANDBY.
Rs 6/per hour plus telephone charges. ( included in your Telephone bill )

NETONE - BSNL

Dial using following information from any dialer.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE

he doesnt have a bsnl connection. he said he got a phone instrument !!

thanks appus...that info was on to the point. Very well written and explained.
I really appreciate that. That has cleared all my Qs. Will go submit by application now.

Thanks to essbebe as well.

Great forum...:thumbsup:

u r welcome..

when i came here, i got support from this guys.. and when u asked, i helped.. and when someone ask tomorrow, you may help him.. that is this forum all about !!

/members/appus/Agreed. sorry. My mistake. No harm in having Netone AFTER he gets a BSNL connection.!

Back