User Review: Micromax A116 Canvas HD

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 18,044
Well, technically, not my phone. But, I guess that is not the point of discussion here. So, moving on..

i) Accessories - Headset, Charger .. Thats it.. Not that was expecting anything else.
ii) Played a few HD videos. No lag.
iii) There were couple of games - Played the cricket game. There was a slight lag. Dad wanted the games to be removed (as to keep kids away from his prized possession) , so helped him do that
iv) Photos looks good, but then I am not good at taking photos. But attached a couple, so maybe you can judge.
v) Sound is a little less, not bad. But I feel at max. level, it should be 30% more.
vi) Dont think they have added any Custom UI. Just some minor customization. Just a few pre-loaded apps apart from Google ones.
vii) Internet browsing is just fine. Downloads & especially Installation looks superfast compared to his old HTC Wildfire phone
viii) Used live wallpapers for a while & the battery drained like crazy. Back to normal wallpaper, but still it seems it drains quiet fast. Need to check if some app is causing a problem. But then, the phone is in use for the past few hours continuously.
ix) Price - 13990. Would say VFM. Delivery was quick from Snapdeal. Bought on Early hours of 14th & delivered by noon of 16th
x) @admin - No its not that thin, but quite similar to Galaxy Note if you can compare. And there is no one coming out of the phone in a ski as well.

Question on phone storage. I inserted a 2 GB SD card. And now storage shows

Phone Storage - 0.98 GB, 704 MB available
Internal SD - 1.77 GB, 1.67 available
External SD - 1.84 GB, 0.92 GB available

So.. What is the difference between "Phone Storage" & "Internal SD"

Also, do let me know if any specific queries.

Here are the photos that I took. I guess it shows that there is one career I cannot possibly switch to, if I want.

lol... Canvas HD sales are acting up exactly like the Nexus 4 as someone (I think androidfreak) pointed out.Oh, so we have many buyers from the forum itself...

holy crap..micromax stuck gold. To be fair, Canvas HD is a pretty solid device..Nexus 4 is another case altogether..Its also a pretty solid device at price its selling...too bad its not released in India yet.

Canvas HD is "making hay while sun shines" primarily because Nexus 4 is not launched in India & especially not at the US price points.

After a brief usage (My dad has been asking me things here & there, while he gets used to it) , even I get temptation to buy such a device. But then, I just convince myself saying that realistically I wont be using it fully to justify the cost I would be paying. Well even my dad wont justify the cost fully, but atleast it would keep him busy here & there :baby: . Having said that he does use a few apps which are only possible through smartphones. Not that they cant be accessible via PC, but he has got the "taste" of accessibility while sitting on the couch.

I have to say that my situation is very different from yours. I stay online at home pretty much all the time. So I miss the connectivity when I am out. I bought a smartphone very late. I had a similar belief that it made little sense for me considering I work from home. Today, I would not say that I cannot live without a smartphone. I mean I did manage just fine with a Nokia 101 for two months last year… But I do like the convenience. I am currently going through a phase where I bought a tablet having similar beliefs. But I am not really using it as much as I would have liked to.

I agree on the tablets part. If you have a high-end smartphone with a reasonably good screen size, your tablet will majority of the time be found lying idle on your desk or inside the drawer. I have seen many experiencing it, and I'm a part of it too.

Well, another difference is that you like to be on Twitter & use other social networking services like reddit etc a lot ( I guess). I hardly visit those sites. FB & Twitter maybe 2-3 times a day (at home), not many emails to look into when I outside office, not much into music & videos etc...

Twitter mostly. Also to take photos on the move. I stopped using my regular camera years ago. Even though photos from the phone are quite shitty compared to the dedicated camera. :)

As far as tablet goes, I have a mixed feeling.. I am not using as much as I would have liked, though I did use it reasonably when it was new, I am still somewhat using once in a while when I am bored. But during weekends, my newphew(s)/niece use atleast 3-4 hours a day (Sat & Sun) for playing games. So, as a minimum it has turned out to be a reasonable entertainment device.I am not much into taking photos as well. I am one who you will need to position the camera and hand it over to click while you go & pose with others..

Back