'Verification' calls from 'HDFC Bank CC dept' - BEWARE

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 5,083
After I asked them how it's possible that so much of my bank details are in the public domain plus I brought it to their notice that Truecaller shows the phone number as verified business number, this what they say.
Hi, we have checked our records and confirm that said number does not pertains to HDFC bank. As a corporate entity, our Bank is compliant with all directives, regulations and laws of the land and we have set in place stringent controls over telemarketing activities. (1/4)
However, it is beyond the scope of our control or authority to identify such freelance agents and bring charges on them. Only the affected parties have the right to take up the matter by lodging a complaint to their telecom service provider so that the matter can be (2/4)
taken up as per the provisions of law. The responsibility to prevent UCCs (Unsolicited Commercial Contacts) has been placed on telemarketing agencies and telecom service providers and we recommend that the matter be taken up with TRAI since the onus to prevent UCCs have (3/4)
been placed on telemarketing agencies and telecom service providers. TRAI's web site <Telecom Regulatory Authority of India> contains all necessary information on consumer rights, how to lodge complaints and penalty for violations of the DNC rules - (4/4)
Clearly shows they are not interested in improving their systems. To them this is akin to a marketing call.🤦‍♂️😳😡
Totally ignoring the more serious aspects of the incident. Sadly all banks are the same. Banks usually DENY or DOWNPLAY such incidents or fob it off as the customers fault.

Last edited:

Back