netomato

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel
Vi
Motorola
LG
10.or
This Thread Is For Vi Business Segment News & Updates.

Source

Also @Lolita_Magnum you said in your office Airtel has been Replaced by Vi and they have installed AP's & all. Can you briefly tell us now what's your experience? As you have Vi sim so how's the network speed/performance on your phone?

Also how Vi is performing for the business stuff there. I mean the speeds/latency/routing any information that is not confidential. Is it better than Airtel business & how is their service?
Is it like a dedicated business leased line?

It feels like I am in some biased commercial advertisement interview.
To answer your questions...:
you said in your office Airtel has been Replaced by Vi and they have installed AP's & all.
I meant, the company is using the Corp Business plans for its employees. You won't have a different experience in any way, except you are not the one to pay bills. APs were installed because most employees use Vi and there already was a marginally better call service in office than others and also Vi insisted on doing it.

Can you briefly tell us now what's your experience?
  • Shit? But better than other shit providers? I feel outdoors Jio does a better job (purely on stability) but in trains only Vi works, which helps when I forget downloading Netflix titles before leaving for office or coming back. Airtel is the most horrible one.
  • Call is good, I never had drops, but it is not like I had them with others. Our 100% of business calls are VoIP and does not rely on Vi.
  • I have used Customer Service, just once. I got connected to a human representative fairly quickly and without any hassles and the issue was resolved on first call.
As you have Vi sim so how's the network speed/performance on your phone?
Speeds are a lot better than other providers regardless of location. Avg~ 15-25Mbps? There are some instances where I have good network coverage, but Internet does not work at all. Restart or Airplane mode does not help. Also, sometimes it just shifts to 2G network and stays there.

Also how Vi is performing for the business stuff there
As I mentioned. No business stuff. Our business numbers start with +1 and Vodafone cannot facilitate that, but hey we use Vodafone PLC for OOB Management all around the globe. That is neat.

I mean the speeds/latency/routing any information that is not confidential.
Domestically all latencies have a 60ms added weight, this is likely a Vi internal issue since if you do a speedtest on a non-Vi Fiber to Vi India server you'll see a noticeable increase in latency.
Internationally, they mostly use pccw from UK and latencies are the (almost) same as others.
I don't extensively use mobile internet, but it has never let me down.
Routing ehhhhhhhhhh... Since I moved to esim I don't see route information. Sucks.

Is it better than Airtel business & how is their service?
Anything is better than Airtel. Dog shit. People are almost always high there. I have few ex-airtel friends, and not one has ever said good things about that company. But Airtel does MPLS better than any other carrier. ILL, not so much, but it's better than competitions.
Jio probably is the only ILL we never really had "escalation-based" problems with.

Is it like a dedicated business leased line?
Everything is same. We have an ILL circuit from Vodafone, if you want some traceroutes let me know.

First of all thanks for the brief information. Learnt a lot about Vi by it.

And sorry if it looked like a biased interview 😂...
But that's just how I ask (I need to work on my conveying skills). 😅

Anyways about traceroute results you can share them as per your convenience. I'mma just compare them with mine to see. More importantly if speedtests can be done then It'll be like cheery on the top.

I'm talking about the ILL and not mobile. Circuit is 10G, so there will be no such thing as speedtest.
Share IPs you want traceroutes for.

Last edited:

Back