Vodafone Idea News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 536
  • Views Views 100,869
I was recharging IR pack for a friend and I think I have found out the reason, why Jio Vo-WIFI doesn’t work on Airplane mode.

Cuz it’s paywalled! lol!

IMG-4243.jpg

Back after a week of holiday from this forum 😅.

I can't speak for other circles, but Vi's network has actually gotten worse in Calcutta. It's really strange, considering that they have a far lower customer base than the other telecom operators in the city.

Earlier I could easily get over 100Mbps in the city, but these days even with carrier aggregation, I rarely get half of that. Plus, latency is so horrible that half the stuff doesn't even load. Perhaps the most problematic part is the call quality - 3 times out of 5 I need to redial, especially if it's calling a non Vi number.

I guess even if they gave extra data to postpaid users it wouldn't be of much use to me. Freebies are fine, but they need to realise that customer churn is happening because of network quality, not prices. They already have a decent chunk of postpaid users and they are not going to easily switch over for better offers. But an inadequate network is going to drive them away.

My situation is kind of awful because Airtel is pretty bad at my place of residence, too. For now, I suppose I absolutely have to put up with a subpar network - unless they improve.

Well, that is what happens when there's less competition in the market due to almost duopoly. Having a free market means telcos can give the best possible offerings which is a win win situation for customers.

Back