VLC Media Player Updates

I thought the latest release for RT and Android was the final build before the first 1.0 build?

This community is for regular Beta updates after the 1.0 build, which should release soon. For now there is no link to join the beta program on Play store.

I'm using Mx player and i'm very happy with it. It's just like desktop VLC on Android. It shows frame per second of media file as well! Who really need VLC now?

Powered using ARC.

Announcing VLC for Chrome OS - Yet another blog for JBKempf

all video files supported in VLC, including MKV and DVD ISOs,
all audio files supported in VLC, including FLAC and other weird audio formats,
subtitles files, from SRT to SSA and with auto-detection, when possible,
a media database like on Android and iOS to select the right medias, and resume playback,
playback of streams, local and on the internet, include adaptive streaming like HLS or DASH,
we also support playlists, accelerated playback, audio equalizer, audio/video synchronization and hardware accelerated video/audio decoding.

VLC

eFyYyOa.jpg
CoNGo04.jpg
hbuiZS4.jpg
Hi7Hf2e.jpg
vuSIOXa.jpg

VLC 3.0 nightlies arrive with (sort of working) Chromecast support

You won't find the familiar "cast" button that you see in many apps in this VLC build. Instead, the "Tools" menu has a new option called "Render Output"—this screen is for playing media on something other than the computer screen in front of you. It will detect and display Chromecasts on your local network, and the detection process seems to work great. You just pick the device you want to use and hit "OK."

Get Nightlies from here.

VLC for Android - Android Apps on Google Play

V2 is out.

VLC on Android 2.0.0
2.0 introduces a large number of features, notably network disk browsing (Windows shares, UPnP, NFS, FTP, SFTP...), favorite folders and URLs, video playlists, popup video, new permissions support, subtitles download, rewritten notifications and control, and a rewritten history.
The Android TV and Android versions were merged, so that every device can optionally get the updated Android TV interface.
Finally, it should be faster to decode and playback all video types.

Back