Vodafone Idea (Vi) Price/Tariff Hike/Correction July 2024

• Thread starter Thread starter unnecessary
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,045
I have recharged my primary numbers only of family for 4 years.
If Jio/Airtel/Vi comes up with some Bank SMS/OTP packs which is only used for banking otps, I will buy them.
Something like -
Pack for Rs. 150 - 30 days validity with 150 SMS & 1 GB data for 30 days, 150 mins talktime.
Such plan will be useful for only banking transactions.

Finished porting out from a 5 connection ₹999 plan on Vi to a 5 connection ₹1749 plan on Airtel due to their hike.

@RajeshV may I know, why did you port?
I see that new 5 connection plan on Vi is 1401 which was 1151 previously, but this is still cheaper than Airtel.

Afaik, Vi has also been giving discounts for short period of bill cycles if one asks for it during port.

Well, @Lolita_Magnum, Airtel includes Netflix standard with their pack and I have Airtel Axis card giving extra 15% cashback. So overall it works out significantly cheaper.

I told them specifically that the plan change was the reason for my port out but their response always is that it's the same with every operator (they thought my 999 plan was for 4 connections and auto-migrated to the 1201 plan leaving the 5th line in limbo). I often found my network not working at places where others had their's working perfectly, so no point holding out even if it were the same price.

I hoped that they might let me keep my old plan but their only offer was to convert to prepaid.

Last edited:

Back