Vodafone Mumbai - 2GB GPRS plan available for POSTPAID customers?

• Thread starter Thread starter chetanthaker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 129
  • Views Views 69,085
OMG do update us what happens, i'm also looking to port my number but none of the other operators seem to be interested in getting my connection. Well Relaince seems the best in my area by what i've seen .

His wife went to the Vodafone gallery next to Church gate station on Sat & they refused to entertain her saying ‘Please ask your husband to visit us’. Looks like a clear case of harassment. Will post later developments. (but this looks like the wrong thread to do it) :redface:

UPDATE: My friend finally managed to get thru to helpdesk & he asked them the reason for rejecting his MNP request they told him that since he had opted for 'closed user group' (for his family) he could not port out till he opted out of the CUG. What a silly reason and we think that PSU babus are adept at creating 'reasons'. But they had no answer why they could not have given this info to his wife in the first place. So now he has to send an email to these bozos to opt out of CUG then do the needful all over again.

This is just an excuse.. isnt it logical when a customer wants to terminate service, it also means all the schemes also terminate.TRAI should punish them for fabricating such excuses.

UPDATE: My friend finally managed to get thru to helpdesk & he asked them the reason for rejecting his Mobile Number Portability request they told him that since he had opted for 'closed user group' (for his family) he could not port out till he opted out of the CUG. What a silly reason and we think that PSU babus are adept at creating 'reasons'. But they had no answer why they could not have given this info to his wife in the first place. So now he has to send an email to these bozos to opt out of CUG then do the needful all over again.

What a load of crap, i was going to port my number today and after seeing your post i called them and asked if there is anything that i need to opt out from, they said no there is nothing. Well cross my fingers and hope it all goes well. If they block my request i'm not going to pay my bills in the future, chuck my sim out and take a new number, i had enough of these idiot.

Just looked at the vodafone website, the data plans for mumbai are back to the old plans the Rs 299 for 2Gb has been removed. They will never learn

-----

My bad looks like the plans are back up but i still keep my stand Rs 300 for 2GB considering other people provide it for less is really expensive

This is just an excuse.. isnt it logical when a customer wants to terminate service, it also means all the schemes also terminate.

TRAI should punish them for fabricating such excuses.

Agree 100%. He is has already sent the request by email yesterday, today he is going there to raise a storm & kick some nuts :D

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

What a load of crap, i was going to port my number today and after seeing your post i called them and asked if there is anything that i need to opt out from, they said no there is nothing. Well cross my fingers and hope it all goes well. If they block my request i'm not going to pay my bills in the future, chuck my sim out and take a new number, i had enough of these idiot.

Just looked at the vodafone website, the data plans for mumbai are back to the old plans the Rs 299 for 2Gb has been removed. They will never learn

-----

My bad looks like the plans are back up but i still keep my stand Rs 300 for 2GB considering other people provide it for less is really expensive

Looks like they are still doing a 'cut' 'paste' job on their website and who ever is doing it is making a mess.

Agree 100%. He is has already sent the request by email yesterday, today he is going there to raise a storm & kick some nuts :D

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Looks like they are still doing a 'cut' 'paste' job on their website and who ever is doing it is making a mess.

I know looks like it, very irresponsible the customer agents are least bothered either. Today the reliance people came to my office to pick up my documents to port the number. They gave a very nice plan too. Rs 149 monthly rental. Local calls 50p(i dont call local too much), STD 30p/min (loads of std calls) and Rs 99 for unlimited GPRS (FUP upto 3GB)

loks nice so i took it. Hope the porting happens and no one screws up in between

STD < Local is funny and most weird plan!

i know i was shocked to hear that myself. Hope the guy didnt make a mistake. :P

Back