want suggestion to buy tp link router

Always check the hardware specifications from TP-Link site, because the above said model c60's wan and lan are capped at 100mbps. Always buy a router which has a ge(1000 mbps) wan port.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201221-235937.webp
    Screenshot_20201221-235937.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0
I have an archer c6 v2(eu) and it has Ge wan/lan port. But there is one unresolved problem with the 2.4 ghz band of the device ie when you connect old devices to the 2.4ghz band, the signal gets stuck after 1-2 hr of usage then you have to enable-disable the wireless radio of 2.4ghz or restart the device to get it to work again. When the signal is stuck the connected devices does not get internet and the new devices are not able to connect to the 2.4ghz band. The 5ghz and lan ports works fine. To solve the problem i had factory reset the device numerous times, tried 3 official firmwares and 1 beta firmware from TP-Link. But nothing worked. At first i thought i have got a defective device but then in tp link forum i found many users with the same problem. The problem is software related because many users who have moved on to openwrt has said that they do not face the problem anymore.

I am attaching the tp link forum as proof.

Upvote 0
got the a6 v3 today. immediately what i noticed is its quite smaller and compact, boots much faster and the firmware has some beautiful graph about the amount of data used and by which device(which wasn't available on c6). also it is dual core...

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0
@samx
I got few questions-:
Can we use vlan and qos simultaneously?
Measured boot time?
Maximum cpu usage detected?
AFAIK,you had a c6 (maybe have),compared to that,do you suggest this for upgrade and extension of onemesh?

Upvote 0
@Kick933 no idea about vlan. where to find it? i'm running qos though
boot time is approx 1 min, c6 was like 2.5-3 mins
maximum is 50% on 2 cores i noticed in my 2 hr testing withmy 100mbps connection and 4 devices connected.
i returned my c6 and got a6. if u have c6 and cant return then no need to upgrade. if u want onemesh then u can get this. this has a much cleaner and smaller look which i prefer

Upvote 0

Back