Want to do some trading in Securities Online

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 10,390
for the love of ur gods don't enter trading online or offline. with ur questions i am quite sure u have very little knowledge of this art,not that i am its master myself at this point in time but yeah i am learning ,for 2.5 years now, u can do investments of-course with proper research for long term but i wont suggest u trading at all, believe me u wont make money......., more than 95% ppl lose in this game and i have my doubts why should u be making money with ur little knowledge (don't get me wrong) because u cant be a part time trader to make some money, and i know that u cannot be a full time trader as u have a PROFESSION TO ATTEND TO , and learning curve is steep minimum 3 years if u have necessary passion and qualities of a good trader and some monthly income to support till u learn ie 3 years minimum .whether u have any chances of getting a job in near future or not u should concentrate on that profession alone and i am sure u will be fine in some time, and ur efforts wont be wasted there, on the other hand there is every chance that u will lose ur money trying to learn to trade. dont listen to ppl who advise paper trading , its a waste of time , u wont learn a shit by doing that, real trading is the BAAP of paper trading .most ppl come in stock trading thinking and to make easy money , i can assure u its one of the most difficult thing in this world. and i m not joking or over-exaggerating either.

----------

so i suggest that if u love ur money, ur life, ur family, and ur freedom and urself , don't enter trading business:Read: :act-up:. try investing in sip instead, put every month a fixed amount and keep doing that for years to come (10 years for ex). do a little research watch cnbc awaaz , ask them questions and decide ur goal and then they will help u in achieving ur goals

Yeah, i have very little practical knowledge of trading, thats for sure. But then how did u start, i want to know that.Have learnt the Fundamentals & have heard a lot about Technicals, but have never tried it. So Practical knowledge is Zero.

I would suggest you to open account with SBI. I know many guys wont agree with me, but I had all the reasons that why I suggest you to go with SBI.Believe me , we have hell lot of charges in trading the stocks. taxes/commissions/duties etc. In additional to that we have charges which are incurred by DP(the institution in which u have demat account).So, when I first opened my account I went with SBI. being the public bank , I expect them not to loot me with any extra charges. That was the only reasons I went for SBI so that I can get know-how of how the trading works. SBi also has minimum yearly charges and intraday/delievery charges.So, first go with SBI then after some time, if you become expert then you can surely open another demat account.Now coming to your original question about making quick money , I would say the this is only reason why people lose money in stocks. only if you are passionate about trading then only you should go 4 stocks trading else go for mutual funds. trading is like a every other business. Experts says that Study, research and implementation is mantra for successfull trading. If you really wanna start then you can go with khelostocks.com. Nice website for virtual trading.

Thats why if i wud start, i wud start with very small amounts that i said earlier. If i lose also, i wont lose much. But if i gain, i will also gain confidence to go for a larger scale.Surely i dont have real passion, but the goal of earning money itself can at times drive u, thats what i feel.If i am wrong, i wont benefit, i am right, then i can easily move ahead. Instead of sitting idle at home & i can do some work until i find proper job.The only problem in me getting a job is that i am half-cooked CA......have the knowledge necessary for a fresher CA, but dont have the actual degree in my hand.So if i clear, i obviously will:1) Either shift to Higher paid job.2) Or demand a higher package, which may not suite the organisation.If i dont clear, i will need exam leave - 15 days for studying & another 5-7 days of exam.I am really stuck in this situation. So am thinking various options to make some bucks atleast to sustain my expenditure if nothing else.

first thing is that you CANNOT trade on the basis of fundamentals at all, only investments can be done on fundamental studies,that too long term mainly , trading is done on mainly technical analysis ,which is study of charts ,study of chart is an art an quite subjective thing, one person may say after a chart that stock is bullish and has x targets, other may say i will buy only after x point and its not yet bullish, and one may say i will sell the stock instead ,on the basis of same charts.

how did i start , well i had some interest and started some investments(short term) in 1998 at the age of 18 because some ppl in my family used to invest , so i started, but mainly lost money, soon i quit but had some shares (some penny one)then i came in contact with ppl with some sort of links in bombay(some biggy, i wont name them) and stuff like that , i made some money and lost again ,that was kind of satta ( i mean i bought and sold on news)then i realized that even if i had links (not very direct though)and still i lost money (in 2008 crash) then its not worth to depend on others to make money, so i decided(because of my passion and nature and some personal issues) to learn technical analysis i first tried to make some quick money as i thought i had got some magical powers in the name of technical analysis but soon found out that ta(technical analysis ) is like a knife , if u learn to use it well it will cut the vegetables otherwise my own hands, since then i am easy go and learning the steep curve with passion for 2.5 years now , still have some way to go and say hey i am established futures trader ,i read a lot of books , did a ta course used my abilities to learn the thing inside out and turned full time futures trader, still have a long way to go, its just a start in my career .:unsure:i enjoy trading thats why i do it yes i want to make money but i am not here for money alone, i have curious mind and always wondered how and why markets behave , why they do what they do and i have found some amazing insight in the movement of markets ,ppl will never believe what exactly markets are untill they see what i have seen in the markets , after entering and understanding the markets my whole life and my thinkings have improved about all things in life,PPL THINK THAT A FREE ECONOMY MARKETS CAN BE MANIPULATED WHICH I HAVE FOUND TO BE INCORRECT , MARKETS HAVE THERE OWN MIND AND THAT MIND CAN BE READ TO SOME EXTENT .

----------

as i said u cant be thinking about making money in first 3 years atleast rather think how much amount u can afford to lose while learning, if u are thinking about trading. so as for ur requirement its not even an option.:fear2:

if you want to go ahead then good luck from my side. You can try day trading if you want to make quick profit

but remember day traders are losers 95% times or more. u cant make money day trading.:001_tongue:

----------

that too without any prior experience in trading, markets will bury you:Fireworks:

I think Jaymin is probably a bit confused about the term 'trading'. He speaks about 'trading' and 'long term' in the same line. Which is not possible.@Jaymin, just in case you aren't aware, trading refers to the practice of completing a cycle - buy and sell or sell and buy - in a very short duration, most of the times on the same day. Due to the nature of this transaction, it is very volatile in nature, and requires great deal of information before you can jump into this.The other category is that of investors. These are the people who enter the market for a long term - greater than 1 year in most cases. These people are not bothered / troubled by daily / weekly fluctuations. They are in it for good, and do not mind the occasional dip in the value of the shares.My guess is you want to be an investor and not a trader.

I didnt understand that how paper trading can help me establish a proper system in place.

PS: This isnt taunt, i genuinely want to know. Coz both are totally different ways of trading right? The paper method being the lenghtier & time consuming one.....
a trading system basically consists of rules for entering/exiting, stop loses, position sizing etc. there is no use putting in money unless u knw how ur system behaves over a period of time. the nature of the market is different during bull/bear phases. losses will be inevitable. u need to know what is the average expectancy of ur system, the average win size, average loss size, win/loss ratio etc. only when ur sure ur system can generate profitable trades over a period of few months u shud decide to trade with real money
till then maintain an excel sheet where u enter ur trades in real time asuming that ur trading live. that way u will be safe from the losses without taking any risk as well as get to knw what are the weak points in ur system, iron them out etc.
There is a lot more to trading than just this; just giving u a rough idea how to begin. If ur intention is to day trade then u will need a fast terminal coupled with a fast data feed to the charting software. Like any other business u will need initial investments to get going. However i woudn't suggest u jump into day trading. u will be competing with professional who have better tools than the average guy ,completely dedicated and devote full attention & time to their profesion. its the equivalent of entering a boxing ring and thinking u will win a fight with a professional with part time practice. Instead just stick to medium term trading. i.e. buy n hold for few weeks/days. once u r confident and have a proven track record over few mnths then start thinking about day trading.

@toocoolAfter reading ur post I am getting the feeling that you are too negative about stock trading. Did you lost "TOO" much money in stocks ?and is that the reason why you are "TOO"COOL ? :DJust joking, dont take otherwise, but seriously I am eager to know about your loss(if any) and experience.

Back