Want to do some trading in Securities Online

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 10,390
@ Toocool.....Yeah even i somewhat get the impression that u r getting too negative. I can understand its not a child's play, but then i do have some acquaintances who can give some sort of reliable tips.@ agantuk.....I am not confusing trading with investing. I have that knowledge for sure!! I am considering the medium term trading that wikedmonk has mentioned. I talked of Debt based MFs to keep a small chunk safe, not the whole of it.As far as me starting this thing is concerned, i am still thinking on it, getting inputs from here, from family members & all. I know few of them who do medium term trading & earn reasonable amounts, without getting into much professional mode. So i thought that why not i give it a try......and that can be tried only if i stay unemployed for next few days.I have kept quite a few expenditures on hold right now, coz of this. I think i need not even specifically mention which are those. Coz most of u know what i am talking about!!

haha its much easier to loose then make money in stock trading......end of story !

As u have free time just do market take any 10-20 stock and study the movement this will give idea about when to enter n when to exit while investing keep time frame of couple of months in mind. Don't expect unrealistic profit like 40-50 % be safe player may be i will not able to make any money but this will help u to get knowledge about how market works and also help for future investment. Be Investor with atleast 6-12 month period. Before getting dmat ad pls chk annual charge..

Yeah thats a nice idea, which struck me just as i was surfing for finding opportunities. In fact i used to do that when i was Playing around on Moneybhai Investor. About returns, i need moderate returns only. To expect high returns, i have to get into this full time.Regarding the annual charges, i just talked to 1 of my uncle who is trades casually only, and he told me that i should choose the package which involves minimum cost based on Volumes, given that i too am looking for casual type of trading.

see everyone in business to make money so they will definitely keep some loopholesThere are many plan where there is low brokage but they need minimum commitment so stay away from such plan as initially your volume will be low so no use of them and these plan are recommended for trader only Make sure the treading account support online transfer of fund thru it bank And while investing choose top stock only. For beginner Ipo is best where risk is less For regular use mf sip which are comparatively safe and on that to select 2-3 option to minimize risk

I said of "Minimum costs", which meant minimum fixed charges.......he said that for higher volumes, they have some higher charges.

Higher volume higher charge I don't think so as they already money due to brokageSharekhan has plan where one need to pay 750 while opening account which will be adjusted against brokerage but hidden point is that the is valid for 6 months only so if I don't do that much transaction you will loose the moneyOn the other hand icici has plan with 500 rs annual charges with no commitment So first plan is suitable for those who do lot of transaction to recover initial payment where as 2nd plan is good for new investor where no commitment is neededFor dmat account check the bank where u have saving account provide the same specially some big bank and not cooperative one.. Initially don't think much about brokage much and try to get familiar with system once u gain some experience you can always open another dmat account as there is no such restriction on number of accounts

Yep, i have got some valuable inputs from all members here!! Now time will only tell whether i do have to resort to this field or not.

i do have some acquaintances who can give some sort of reliable tips.

So i thought that why not i give it a try......

VERY dangerous things to say. And extremely wrong reasons to take up trading. There are nothing like 'reliable tips', unless one is an insider in a company. Even then, it isn't always reliable.

And trading is serious stuff, not a 'trial' thing. Much has been said already here, can't stress any more

i seriously knew that someone would say something like this that i am being too negative about stock trading ,but i am hereby giving you first hand information about day trading and swing trading (weeks), investment is a different field altogether , if u are talking about tips , for me (reality also) tips= satta, i have been there done that already and now i dont do it because tips dont work in the markets, only sometimes they do but when the markets are against u(believe me most of the time markets will be against u) ALL THESE TIPS MEN DONT TELL U WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO DO AND U WILL BE THE LOSS BEARER AND NOT THEM, tips men ship wont make u money in the market its only u and ur passion about trading the markets can make u money after years of learning curve and experience and lots of losses , and i knowing ur profession and ur field dont still understand how can u even think about trading as u already have a profession and u are talkin another full time profession already:unsure: , GET THIS , TRADING CANT BE DONE PART TIME. , leave ur current profession have some monthly income to support, have great passion about making money and understanding markets, be prepared to run it as a business, be prepared for atleast 3 years of learning and WELCOME TO THE MARKETS, otherwise just forget what u are dreaming of bro. and about my losses i am down 5 lacs in 2.5 years , it includes losses of trading plus expenditures on softwares ,books, seminars,and all.ps: i am "too" negative about trading because i myself make 5000 rs daily and dont want others to come in this business because they are smarter than me and they will outshine me.:laugh (2):

Back