Want to know for ACT Broadband connection DSL ROUTER is need or can use any wifi router?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rohith
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 38,708
Hi ACT Broadband,
I have appled for the ACT connection in Bangalore. I want to know whether I can use "TP-Link TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router" for this connection. The ACT service person told that I require a DSL wi-fi router. I have the above router, is it sufficient to use?
Thanks...
Rakesh

Hi,
Being a noob here..Can anybody confirm if i can connect my TP-Link MR 3220 to ACT fibernet.

Not sure about it as i tried to configure and ended up unsuccessful.

Hi,
Being a noob here..Can anybody confirm if i can connect my TP-Link MR 3220 to ACT fibernet.

Not sure about it as i tried to configure and ended up unsuccessful.

It should work without any issue. Connect the incoming cable to the blue WAN port. In the setup, select PPPoE and enter your ACT username(email) and password.

Hi ACT Broadband,
I have appled for the ACT connection in Bangalore. I want to know whether I can use "TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless N Router" for this connection. The ACT service person told that I require a DSL wi-fi router. I have the above router, is it sufficient to use?
Thanks...
Rakesh

This router works perfectly. Follow the same steps as in above response.

It should work without any issue. Connect the incoming cable to the blue WAN port. In the setup, select PPPoE and enter your ACT username(email) and password.

This router works perfectly. Follow the same steps as in above response.
I entered my User ID and password and after that the router takes few mins to connect and then the stats shows connected but it actually is not connected and i am unable to use my internet

i don't have any idea about mac binding,i overheard the installation guy asking to do mac binding to my router or something but i don't need to restart my router every 24 hours,i keep my router on 24/7

I would like to understand which router works well with ACT connection in a house 1650 plus size, with a wall interference.
Should I go for the one above 300 mbps speed as I am taking a 20 MB connection ?
Should i got for 5 GHz frequency

Back