Want to know for ACT Broadband connection DSL ROUTER is need or can use any wifi router?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rohith
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 38,708
Hi,
I have recently taken ACT Fibernet connection in Bangalore. Can you please tell me whether Netgear N300 wireless router will work for wi-fi services at home or I will have to buy a new router.........????

Model no? If it has a WAN port, it will work.

u need a wan port,most dsl routers don't have the option and trying into plug into lan might work for some routers but not without some complications(you need to google for the info ), wifi routers with wan are not expensive anymore and it's better option

Even i have bought a new ACT connection in Bangalore but i am trying to use my own D-Link DIR 600m router. I am not able to configure it. Can somebody please help me?
plug in your broadband cable in your wan port and go to network settings page via 192.168.1.1 and select pppoe and dynamic ip and enter your act user id and password and save them ,refer to manual if u need to go to the pppoe option or contact act to guide you through

plug in your broadband cable in your wan port and go to network settings page via 192.168.1.1 and select pppoe and dynamic ip and enter your act user id and password and save them ,refer to manual if u need to go to the pppoe option or contact act to guide you through

I have tried the exact same thing. But on the status page it says Link Down. Also the installation guy gave some bullsh*t reason stating this router had been previously used with Hathway connection due to which it wont work

do factory reset and try and try to contact D-Link customer care so they would help you out,i am sure it has wan port and it should work,i used to have Dlink DI-524 modem which is like more than 5 years old and i used to use for act until it got toasted ,i had to replace with TP-Link as dlink modems end up being crap

do factory reset and try and try to contact D-Link customer care so they would help you out,i am sure it has wan port and it should work,i used to have Dlink DI-524 modem which is like more than 5 years old and i used to use for act until it got toasted ,i had to replace with TP-Link as dlink modems end up being crap

Back