WARNING: Do Not Queue Plans in Reliance #JioFiber, they are getting activated randomly

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 7,858
UPDATE: He also acknowledged my issue and stated two Rs. 199 plan should not be active simultaneously. He said he will look into the screenshots which I had sent (as it wasn't forwarded to him at that time). He said he will keep me updated.

Let's see if they follow it up.

What we have learned from your story is we should do the recharge just hours before the current plan is about to expire otherwise these dumbasses at jio can simultaneously active 2 plans and create unnecessary headache for us.

I have a theory about what happened here. Lets see if it make sense to you guys. I just got an email from JioFiber stating that I am still on migration pack however my plans look like this

Source

So it gives an illusion that no migration pack is active, however, if you see my recharge history you will find a migration pack was recharged on 24th Dec 2019 as well.

Source

So my theory is when this migration pack was forced recharged on 24th Dec 2019 by Jio, it triggered the activation of my other Rs 199 plan which was in the queue (which was supposed to get activated on 28/12/2019 originally) That's why the validity of the second 199 pack became 31/12/2019.

However, this leads to a more important conclusion, as we all know migration pack is valid for 7 days so the pack which got added on 24th will be valid till 31st and this pack is acting as a base pack for the 199. And the validity of the 199 pack is within the subset of the validity of the base pack.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Got a call from Jio Head Office, escalation department.

They are still looking into it. The dude was explaining to me why the 1st 199 plan got activated. I was like even I know it would get activated because I had no other plans. Finally he understood I was talking about the activation of 2nd Rs.199 plan and the loss of validity incurred in the process.
He said he will investigate and call back.

PS: He used the word add on for rs. 199 pack but the way he spoke about the details of the pack I think even he wasn't sure about it. And this is some guy working in the head office. SMH

Last edited:
@Shubham - don't take it the wrong way but all of this sounds entertaining. I'm really eager to know what will happen next !! Sort of like a soap opera and even our Indian TV shows aren't this intriguing.

Haha, it's cool. It's only 200 odd rupees at stake. I am enjoying it too.

TBH its a matter of principle rather than money. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this kind of random shit.

UPDATE: Got a call from Jio Head Office, escalation department.

They are still looking into it. The dude was explaining to me why the 1st 199 plan got activated. I was like even I know it would get activated because I had no other plans. Finally he understood I was talking about the activation of 2nd Rs.199 plan and the loss of validity incurred in the process.
He said he will investigate and call back.

PS: He used the word add on for rs. 199 pack but the way he spoke about the details of the pack I think even he wasn't sure about it. And this is some guy working in the head office. SMH
You got call from Jio head office (escalation department) due to your complaint on consumer helpline number?

Yes, I believe so. Today morning my complaint status updated, I have posted a pic of it too here. In the evening, I got the call from Head Office.

Back