Website Blocked today 18.1.2014

• Thread starter Thread starter raamm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 12,120
Thundurus said:
Use free VPN like hot spot shield or vpngate etc and download torrent file .
When downloading actual data , make sure that you have enabled encryption in your torrent client so that all the data is encrypted between connected peers , this helps if speed is throttled .
What's the file size of hotspot shield? A shortcut is downloaded from official site which in turn downloads so much time.I'm on limited 3G usage.Unless I know file size I cannot proceed.
I never used VPN.Pls tell the procedure/settings from start to end.I will be using hot spot shield & u-torrent

hotspot file size is 8mb. Once you install it, there's detailed guide available on how to set up VPN.
BTW looks like link-removed is blocked on beam. But prirateproxy works like charm.

What I am worried about is what will we do if ISP implement 3 strikes policy against filesharing?We can get sued by them?

Thundurus said:
Use free VPN like hot spot shield or vpngate etc and download torrent file .
When downloading actual data , make sure that you have enabled encryption in your torrent client so that all the data is encrypted between connected peers , this helps if speed is throttled .
I installed hotspot shield on my pc. But my download/upload speeds were reduced drastically. It changed my ip to one from USA but the reduction in speeds was untolerable. I finally disabled the HSS. My speeds were immediately back to normal. Is there any way where I can run this software and still get my plan speeds?
In the past too I have tried out a few 'hide my ip' kind of utilities and this speed reduction was there every time. There seems to be this trade off between privacy and speed.

sarkar007 said:
I installed hotspot shield on my pc. But my download/upload speeds were reduced drastically. It changed my ip to one from USA but the reduction in speeds was untolerable. I finally disabled the HSS. My speeds were immediately back to normal.
Were you still connected to the tracker or just the peers. You can use a proxy or VPN to initially connect to otherwise blacklisted trackers. You're still able to download from your original ip because most clients would save the peer cache but your stats will not get registered.

I was trying out this free VPN thing only for privacy reasons and not because any websites are blocked. Fortunately for me, my isp doesn't block any websites, except for the ones like imagebam etc which are blocked on govt orders. But the speed trade off is too much to bear.

Back