Weird connectivity issue on Airtel broadband - Need help

• Thread starter Thread starter deepakdcg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 1,791
@deepakdcg Nope, not on Static IP.

But something interesting I found when looking into this issue is that, these loading issues might be caused by incorrect IPV6 configuration on Airtel's side. Google "Android IPV6 issues" for more info.

Interesting tidbit pt.2 - You mentioned all phones are iOS and this seems like a Android issue, it's really not. I had issues with my iPhone and now the same issues on my Android phone too.

@TJ10
Static IP on Airtel Xstream has nothing to do with IPv6, I still face this issue. Infact like I mentioned, I only face it on Static IP.
And I can also confirm that it's happening on both, Android as well as iOS devices.

Will share in some time!

I think I have found the root cause for the issue... it was the static IP allotted by airtel which caused this issue.
Airtel had moved to CGNAT and stopped public IPs, because of that port forwarding stopped working for my Homelab servers & VMs due to this I had activated static IP close to a year ago.
now that I have found alternate ways to access my home servers remotely, I decided to deactivate static IP (which airtel charged 300 + GST every month)..
Airtel team deactivated static IP 2 days back and moved my broadband connection back to dynamic which is now CGNAT...

post this, the issues which I had reported seems to be resolved... no more lag or delay in downloads on whatsapp and insta

Note - I will wait for few more days and confirm.

i am on dynamic IP now, and removed static IP from my plan, but my dynamic IP range is not having CGNAT, I can port forward and working as well. but 300 plus GST for static IP is too much.

Back