what happen if Using others account

umesh.raikwar

ISP
bsnl
hi.... i have my own username & passward of dataone and having one more username & password of my one friend. and i am using my friends accounts on my modem and my PC and on my phone number. Please tell me what i am downloading from my from friends acc from my pc....is counted in my usage Or counted in my friends acc. my problem is who will pay when i use my friends username/password from my pc on my modem using my telephone number???? please help me....... thanks in advance!!!!

Check usage with 14 digit portal ID in your acct and your friend's .
open http://data.bsnl.in/wps/portal do not log in here . click the red entries and go to
the usage portal and log in .
http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/

What is your tariff plan and your friend's ?
You want your friend to pay for your usage using his acct ? he will turn into a "fiend" !

thanks for reply ......but dear "http://data.bsnl.in/wps/portal" is not working.....my friend gives me his username/password and said this is free for me.....i dont want my friend pay for my usage..... my friends plan is Unlimited and my plan if of 250.thats why i wanna use my friends username/passward....if and only if i will not become the payable for my friends username/password....please clear me!!!!!!

My friend there is an identity given to you on the network known as IP address and it can be traced.Regarding usage of your line you will be charged.

My friend there is an identity given to you on the network known as IP address and it can be traced.
Regarding usage of your line you will be charged.

thanks dear for reminding me abt IP address.....i know they can trace me thru IP address .....
but if they can able to determine my usage by just my IP address... than why they are using the concept of username/password.........

thanks dear for reminding me abt IP address.....i know they can trace me thru IP address .....
but if they can able to determine my usage by just my IP address... than why they are using the concept of username/password

every telephone line is connected to a particular port at local exchange.bsnl now even use port binding which means that a particular account can only be used on that line for which it was given & not from any other line.if you can use your friends unlimited account than it means his account is not port binded yet.still whatever you download can be traced to your line if bsnl checks it as the traffic is passing through a particular port which is connected to your line.

without username/password bsnl system can not register you on network to give you an IP.also port binding ensures that a username/password can be used on a particular line only.it is more secure.

@umesh.raikwar. Did you check up your usage ?The User ID gets converted to your telephone number and the usage meter starts .Just like your telephone calls.Now if you use your friend's ID/password, using your own modem , in dial up mode,a) BSNL usage meter will select your friend's account page b) BSNL usage meter gets confused and checks the telephone number and starts to record usage in your acct c) BSNL meter , starts blinking and records usage in both accts !I have no idea how it works ( also something called MAC address/ port binding/cookies etc )Para two: Wait for another one week and the printed telephone bill will show , in whose acct the usage is recorded. Please post here . If your friend is on 24 hour unlimited usage plan , probably he never got a 14 digit portal ID and his BB usage is not recorded. ( which is unlikely ).

From my knowledge BSNL doesnt look for hacking activity, unless being intimidated. Means someone should inform them that they are finding misuse of their account. BSNL has got this mechanism by which they can log your telephone line and the amount of data transfered. So even if your friend is on UL, u may get charged, because data flows through the port specified for u, through your telephone line. This situation will arise only if your friend complaints to BSNL.But like mentioned by many, BSNL has introduced port binding technology. This has been implemented to avoid misuse of accounts. So sooner or later your id and your friend's id will get port binded and then u wont be able to use his id through your telephone line.

Back