• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6,983

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
Interesting forum, many seem to be quite expert out here. Can anyone tell what is the Signal Strenght and Quality you guys get on your STB. Mine is Around 65% Quality/Strength. Also has anyone tried to Re-align the DISH ever,:wall: Iam looking for Fine Tuning it in Near future as on a cloudy days, it shows signal not found very frequently.

most out here are getting 60-75% i guess! i get 60-71.. some channels even @ low strength !If you keep on SET MAX (210) and menu=>settings=>stb setup, you get higher compared to some regional channels .. i get some of my regional channel 49% and setmax almost 70-73%

thanks for the info appus, Have you found anyone who was able to re-tune the dishtv, Seriously Iam going rooftop soon for this, don't have a ladder currently.:cry:

I could do myself by taking UPS, Monitor, STB and TV tuner to roof and align by looking straight to monitor :) ! Difficult to align when someone else say the signal strength while we turn/align from top ! before it was 53% and got that up to 73% ! But, clouds ruin the fun sometimes !! Someone gave info about aligning in the same .. You can have a look in other threads on the same section. He has mentioned east/west and stuffs(which i didnt understand) !Best of luck !

Guys i have the solution of the rain, you canuse the polythin to cover the of the dish. when you cover it using the polythin you will get the signals. i tried it and it worked greatly to me. but when there is no rain you have to remove the polythin bec it blocks the signal when there is no rain. i don't know why. but it happens with me and i am doing it now a days bec there is too much of rain in jaipur. try it.!!!!!:dance:

Hurray, I have some roof repairs work going on my house, and one of labour disturbed the Alignment, i went to check and found a adjustement screw was too loose to dis-locate it. Now iam without any Channel. Tried moving it using wild guess and 1 hour of talktime, but couldn't find what is messed up with this antena.when i press channel 100 it gets jumped to 101 AIRVBS, can anyone tell me what did i do. At one time i got 70% signal, Came down by wood ladder and found it still doesn't show any dish channel, don't know what crap meant 70% strength. Help me Align, Will the PDF on other thread help me.

Hey guys, I am getting 85% signal strength. Is this good?I don't have much idea about this signal strength thing.The other day, I called dish tv cust. care and they told that anything above 55% is good signal quality. :confused:

Hey i got 98% quality and 96% of signal strenth even in cloudy weather. I hv Tata Sky. I bought tatasky only 8 days before, is signal strenth down when 5-6 month are going? I will put screenshot later in evng when i go home.

i tried a lot to re-align my dishtv anteena, screwed all directions, and now its not showing any channel, I've just called the local dealer who's sending someone to fix up the mess for Rs.200/- OUCH, but will learn and save this next time. Yesterday i spent all evening with my LCD monitor, STB, Powercord, TVTUNER but was not able to get it pointed to right direction. I also purchased a INTEX, SKYVIEW LCD Box, which supports resolutions upto 1680x1050 and is specifically for LCD monitors. just for others cost is Rs.1525/- for this LCD TVTUNER, however the normal model is Rs.900/-

Iam getting 70% strenght, 80% quality on most channels now, after the tech guy got it re-tuned, I was close on doing this on own, but there's a trick to check if you are pointing to correct satellite or not. I hope i'll not pay the Rs.200/- fee again.....

Back