What's the minimum recharge to send SMS on Vodafone Idea/Airtel/Reliance Jio/BSNL?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deb_1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 63,011
@godric_gt it works on Jio? I have an unused Jio sim. I’m unsure which plan will enable me to register for UPI. Currently I have balance but no active plan except Prime. Incoming SMS and calls work fine despite no active pack. What plan should I recharge with in your opinion to send outgoing SMS to the bank?

Sorry, I am not using the minimum recharge on Jio, so cannot confirm.

But I have both Airtel and VI sim on which I use the minimum recharge and outgoing sms is not working for both.

@igloo thanks. I hadn’t noticed this plan before. Seems like a recent change

Shortly after the development, Jio revised its most basic daily data prepaid recharge Jio plan which is priced at Rs 119. When the plan was introduced, it gave 1.5GB of daily data with a validity of 14 days. This plan gives access to unlimited voice calls and Jio apps but did not give any SMS benefits. Jio has now revised the plan benefits to offer 300 SMS with the plan.

People working at Vi are such fraud. Even after recent direction from Trai, I still can't send message to 1900 with basic non sms plans. When I Complaint on twitter I got a call and was told to recharge with 179 to send port out message to 1900, because basic plans Don't have sms service.
How can one even complain to Trai for non compliance? Trai doesn't even reply to user complaints on twitter.

Best solution would be recharge 179 and when you reach 25 days send porting msg... Then get rid of it.
But friend... I had this problem in airtel also a year ago and no one noticied it. Grass green other side only. Btw Jio has 1 rupee recharge for 28 days... See app myjio value section.

Agreed, these operators would be applying every delaying tactics to get more time and milk money out of customers. There is no telling when they would implement it, and by that time you might end up paying more.
Kudos to Jio though, this plan with both help Jio and the customers, a slap in the face of airtel and vi trying to take advantage of the economically weak subscribers and forcing them to cough up more.

Back