Whats your BSNL 3g speed?

Willowman100

ISP
BSNL
I only get download speed between 1mbps and 2mbps with bsnl 3G. How could i get the maximum speed. Should i change any internet settings? :ishock:

1.74 mbps with 84 ms ping to Mumbai server is good.3G being wireless, one should not expect full 3.6 mbps speed half of that is gud if not the best

High-Speed Downlink Packet Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) is an enhanced 3G (third generation) mobile telephony communications protocol in the High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA) family, also dubbed 3.5G, 3G+ or turbo 3G, which allows networks based on Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) to have higher data transfer speeds and capacity. Current HSDPA deployments support down-link speeds of 1.8, 3.6, 7.2 and 14.0 Mbit/s. Further speed increases are available with HSPA+, which provides speeds of up to 42 Mbit/s downlink and 84 Mbit/s with Release 9 of the 3GPP standards.

BSNL 3G promises you maximum speeds of 3.6 Mbps for downloads using the DataCard. In reality, the maximum download speed goes truly around 3.4-3.6 Mbps and the maximum uploading speed is up to 110-128 kbps. But an interesting thing about BSNL 3G HSPA Broadband is that the Download Speed is of ‘As per demand/usage’ type which means speed goes up as per Data Transfer Load. Consider this to understand the fact : If you browse web pages you’ll get speeds of 0.384-0.512 Mbps, if you browse web ages with much media/flash content, it goes up to 1 Mbps, if you watch videos it goes up to around 1.5-2 Mbps and if you download Videos, Software etc., Speed goes high up to 3.4-3.5 Mbps. So, in average you get 1.5-2.5 Mbps speeds. The speed is dependent on relative distance from BSNL towers though it doesn’t affect much as BSNL towers are widespread in every nook and corner if India.

^^^ , BSNL 3G is Total CRAp, waste of spectrum by BSNL, only few tower is 3G enabled , and even there range is 2 KM Max

^^^ , BSNL 3G is Total CRAp, waste of spectrum by BSNL, only few tower is 3G enabled , and even there range is 2 KM Max

i don think so :ishock:

Upload speeds mentioned are terrible.Wireless Tech. has always been distance dependent. But the coverage has been steadily improving. Until now i have only seen wimax connections persistently provide the rated speed.

in my place i changed mobile network settings (n82) i selected UMTS ad manual serach for network. there i saw only one netwoks option 3g cell one.

Back