Where is Reset button for ZTE ZXDSL-531B Modem

• Thread starter Thread starter Masooque
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 45,227
/members/drunkdevil/
what is your problem? Another model is ZTE zxdsl 831Aii
memeber @onlytest has posted many /threads/messages on this model.
Try in tags for your model. for all threads.
If possible post the device status page screenshot.
I had also given a russian site link for all models of zxdsl 831 etc.

Para two :
Unable to connect to Internet or
want to port forward ?
Are you on \"dialup\"mode or \"\"Always On\"
Reset button : one model
I remember reading that it is at the bottom ! will check up manual/s on your feedback.

-d new model issued by bsnl is zte 531b.
-my problem is i want to change d password of my modem..so i cannot -connect to d settings page bt d internet is working fine(i.e. i can access net using d same modem n same accesspoint)
-i'm using net thru always on mode.
  • D-Link u provided is nt helpful as d model is diff frm mine.
  • i also hav d manual for 531b bt it says dat reset can b done thru settings page.(which is compl useless as i cannot access)no other info on hard reset is given.
  • i hope dis makes it clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please edit and remove the Quotes. it is not advisable to use [ quote ] immediately when answering a post. Simply refer Post No if there are too many. You can add @ essbebe in the beginning to draw my attention or need specific reply from me. or like this . Others can also post useful suggestions.
my problem is i want to change d password of my modem
As i understand
1.You cannot access the modem password page.
2.Your model is zte zxdsl 531B.
3. You have the manual.
Para two : No need for resetting after accessing the modem or Hard reset
externally.
Can you access the modem settings page at 192.168.1.1 ID admin Password admin ?
Do not Change Password in the modem, without first changing at BSNL portal.
i hope dis makes it clear.
!

1.correct2.correct3.correctno. i cannot access d modem settings page. sorry i want to change the my wep password n not modem pass..

Problem : modem page not accessible. Need to change WEP. MODEM ZXDSL531b
i cannot access d modem settings page
(a)What the manual says?
(b) post ipconfig/all details.
start run type cmd type ipconfig/all
Page38 of 77
For Windows XP
1. From the Start menu, point to Programs, Accessories and then click Command Prompt.
2. Type ipconfig at prompt. Then you will see the IP information from DHCP server. (* Note down this information )
3. If you want to get a new IP address, type ipconfig/release to release the previous IP address and then
type ipconfig/renew to get a new one.
Update: 0800PM.
Manual default : ID admin password admin. default: 192.168.100.100
WEP see page 52.

The current model of ZTE ZXDSL 531B has the reset button at the wierdest of all place. At the bottom part of your modem, you should see a lot of venting outlets, all are of the shape of small rectangles but the bottom right outlet is the shape of a circle, that is the reset button. A pencil or a ball pen can come in handy to reset the button.

I have the same modem and the person above is saying the correct thing.I will be posting the pic of the reset button soon.Its very difficult to locate it otherwise.

Dear Sirs,
I have purchased BSNL Dataone connection Last Week with modem ZTE ZXDSL - 531B with wireless and four Ethernet port from bsnl itself. Due to some reason by typing 192.168.1.1 can not open the properties page so I want to reset my Modem by clicking the hidden reset button. but i can't find it on front or rear panel. Plz Plz help me..... to locate that button. where is it. and how much time i press it to reset my modem.

Next Question is I subscribe in 900 Unlimited plan but i have got only 30 kbps speed through out 24 hours. though in Advertise Bsnl states that the speed is from 256 kbps to 2 Mbps. Are they Lie or there is some problem with my connection, If u have same plan as me how much speed have you got.

I am very thankful to you.......... plz help me

@vinod_jpa
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
From Post No 15 in this thread.
See also the "Sticky"posts on top
and select WA3002-g4 post by me.
Please don't post your queries in that thread.
The current model of ZTE ZXDSL 531B has the reset button at the wierdest of all place.

At the bottom part of your modem, you should see a lot of venting outlets, all are of the shape of small rectangles but the bottom right outlet is the shape of a circle, that is the reset button. A pencil or a ball pen can come in handy to reset the button.
KEEP POWER ON AND PRESS FOR ABOUT 20 TO 30 SECONDS.
You can use a used ball pen refill tip to access the micro switch.

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resetswitchrt6.jpg

The reset button is present on all modems/routers from BSNL. Its only marked in the model from siemens...The others - USStarcom/ZTE..its at the bottom...I mean literally underneath...Turn over the modem up-side-down and you see numerous holes that are square in shape...Out of this there will be one small round one...That's the reset switch.....bullzeye_rp

OPEN your modern with a screwdriveryou will finde reset button. now connect your modem to power supply.and press button .what happen tell me e-mail mw:[email protected] or call me +911955233282.thanks.

Back