where to buy 3g usb modem in chennai which works with bsnl

• Thread starter Thread starter rsennat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6,707

rsennat

ISP
bsnl
where can i buy reliable 3g usb modem (Huawei e1750 7.2Mbps) in Chennai, that works with bsnl.please give me the address/contact number.thanksrsennat

i tried to get in ritchie street but they dont have Huawei at all only zte and micromax, and ZTE only 3.6mbps is available and it is not worth it.so order from ebay...

thanks sdhanju2007 for your reply.can you send me the link to reliable provider in ebay from whom i can buy this. also can you share the price and model.thanksrsennat

thanks sdhanju2007 for your reply.

can you send me the link to reliable provider in ebay from whom i can buy this. also can you share the price and model.

thanks
rsennat

3gmodemstore.com or clickcents in eBay India. Both are same person. Mr.Abey Joseph 09847226289.

He has Huawei E1750 ( 7.2 Mbps DL / 5.76 Mbps Upload ) and UMG1831 (21.6 Mbps DL / 5.76 Mbps Upload ). Reliable seller. I bought K4505 ( 28.8 Mbps ) card from him, which is out of stock at present. Confirm the rate and available models with him.

Huawei umg 1831 (21.6 mbps DL , 5.76 mbps UL) is a better option considering its available for 3200 onwards in e bay...

Huawei umg 1831 (21.6 mbps DL , 5.76 mbps UL) is a better option considering its available for 3200 onwards in e bay...
Thanks all for sharing.
Another question is, on 3G network (current HSPA deployments), the max speed is 14Mbps. But for the HSPA+ deployments speed upto 42Mbps is possible. Im not sure if any of the service providers in India are REALLY supporting this. Though recently Tata Docomo advertises for 21Mbps, Im not sure if it is the reality. Have anyone tested this. So does it really make sense to buy a modem which supports 21.6Mbps?

Thanks all for sharing.
Another question is, on 3G network (current HSPA deployments), the max speed is 14Mbps. But for the HSPA+ deployments speed upto 42Mbps is possible. Im not sure if any of the service providers in India are REALLY supporting this. Though recently Tata Docomo advertises for 21Mbps, Im not sure if it is the reality. Have anyone tested this. So does it really make sense to buy a modem which supports 21.6Mbps?

Spending a few more 1000 to 2000 for a high end card is acceptable for me, because it is one time investment and we are spending more 1000s for the rental in long use. Moreover this extra amount is already saved by me, with the advance payment offer ( 2500 for 3 months ). 4200 for 6 months will be saving more money. Is itn't ?!!

At least new buyers can go for 21 Mbps cards like UMG 1831 ( 21.6 Mbps ) or K4505 ( 28.8 Mbps ) instead of 7.2 Mbps cards.

____________________________________________________________________________________

My K4505 card .......

________________________________________________________________________________

If you are interested for 42Mbps card, here is ......Sierra USB 312U

https://broadband.forum/http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y365/ramli7/Telstra_Ultimate_angle100.jpghttp://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y365/ramli7/Telstra_Ultimate_angle100.jpg

But this card is not available even in alibaba.com (Chinese ). It's available in Australia, Portugal and Poland !

Another, ever repeated, suggestion is, high capacity cards will always, behave / handle well with lower loads of data transfers.

..............................I am sharing my experiences only. It's up to you to decide...............................

Back