Which company has best service support for their smartphones?

• Thread starter Thread starter tech_help
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 5,474
you can always buy a Nokia featurephone. those usually are still unbreakable.

Reactions: Sai
I purchased Micromax Canvas Spark from Snapdeal. Good phone. Unfortunately i dropped it and broke my rear camera Glass (Glass that protects rear camera). I contacted Micromax service center and they had nothing. They said me to deposit my phone for 10 days but nothing happened. After running from Pillar to post, i was informed by a service center that many Spare parts including camera glass of my phone is not available at present because my Model is new.

I went to Karol Bagh. I was informed that original camera glass is not available. There are mechanics who build custom sized camera glasses by cutting and polishing. Some guy demanded me 500 Rs. Some demanded 300 Rs. Finally i came across a guy who did it for 150 Rs. Did it in front of me in less than 10 minutes.

Smartphones are easy to buy. Getting them repaired in case it break down can be very difficult. Specially if your Model is uncommon & rare.

Its advisable to use strong protective covers, tampered glass etc to protect from physical damage. Also buy Models of common smartphones instead of going for rare catchy ones. So that you can get repair service in case of problem.

I am not sure, but i guess Samsung has a strong network of service centers in India.

Xiaomi has its own Mi branded exclusive service centers in major cities and I got a friends' Redmi 1s screen replaced for 2.3k which I think is very good deal. Fact remains that service centers for these phones exist only in major cities till now.

Compare this to motorola who charged my friend 20k to replace moto x screen. Fucking 20k. Also motorola asked 4k to replace screen of moto e first gen which I think is outrageous for 6k phone.

No company has its own service center. All service operations are now outsourced. I visited a Micromax service center which was Samsung service center until previous week.

Spare parts can be very expensive. A friend had some repairs on his Samsung Galaxy. It cost him 3500 Rs while new Galaxy Model is around 6000 Rs.

I personally have had very bitter experience with my Smartphone. I finally got it fixed and pretty cheaply too. But it was month of agonizing wait and running to various places. A lot of wastage of time.

^ Thats true but a lot of companies still have exclusive service centers. Xiaomi alone has 4 exclusive service centers in Hyderabad. Sony, I believe, is another company having its own exclusive service centers.

JWYWUwW.jpg

I have only seen Nokia, Samsung and LG service centres in faridabad. I also heard that a micromax service center is also there.LG and Nokia are good but not sure about Samsung as I haven't got the opportunity to go there luckily. LG was the best surprisingly out of them surprisingly.

Back