Which debit card is best for online banking?

• Thread starter Thread starter dextermorgan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 22,299
Maestro Debit Cards are not accepted at all portals and POS outlets. Visa and MasterCard are widely, globally accepted. So you will not face a issue in either of the 2 franchise.

Karna Sarkar said:
HDFC Bank Platinum Debit Card is the best as it gives Cashback on every shopping. Even online shopping, bill payments, travel bookings, movie tickets. It is superb !! No other Bank gives CashBack on every purchase.
+1. The annual charges are 500 INR (plus taxes) and it can be easily recovered with cashback alone (provided you spend 50k+ INR @ online/offline POS in a year). It has many other features as well. I can confirm that the cashback thing works and redemption is easy (through NetBanking).

I am considering HDFC Platinum card, but can any one please tell me how do they charge when we buy anything online, or while we do any kind of online transaction via our debit card.

Using platinum debit card from hdfc and cash back thing works superb. You need to collect minimum 250 points and same can be converted to cash. Have redeemed almost 2000 rs this year. Redeemed money deposited into account in max 3-4 days.

I use a HDFC platinum visa debit card, and it works like a charm. Would highly recommend it as its accepted in all outlets, and works everywhere. However my old HDFC maestro debit card hardly works on any website or outlet. So HDFC platinum visa is the best for you

like someone said..MAESTRO is yet to be accepted globally...so if you dont have a MAESTRO in your hand..everythings smooth..

Hey that's some great info guys, @chromniac dude thanks for the credit card info, but what about debit card charges, so far I found that they charges.87% on an amount =2000, is that it or there are some other charges also?(except the annual fixed charge)And I would appreciate if @chromniac or anyone else can eloborate on the credit card thing(how they work, what are the charges stuff like that).Of course internet is your best bet for this question, but I will love to hear from my fellow forum bros :-)

Back