Which is the best DTH TV provider everywhere...

• Thread starter Thread starter bigshot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 19,689
ISP
Terabyte
Hello,
*Which is the best DTH TV provider everywhere?
*Which DTH TV provider do you use currently, and to which would you like to switch to and why?
*Which DTH TV is the costliest for multi-connection (more than one tv) and which is the cheapest & best?
*Which DTH TV provider is future ready in terms of technology?
Thanks...

I use Airtel and I'm pretty satisfied to be honest. The plans seem to be well priced and the CC is surprisingly active to help out the customers.
The only bad thing about Airtel is the price of multi-connection. You have to pay Rs. 180/month for SD secondary box and Rs. 200/month for HD. If you have a HD box, then the price is worth it. But spending 180 for SD box isn't worth it as unlike Tata Sky, Airtel will give you only the base pack for Rs. 180 on your second TV. You will have to pay additional for additional top-ups (if any).
Fortunately my secondary box is a HD box too. For 200, I get my primary base pack plus ALL HD channels that Airtel provides. Basically you get a virtual Rs. 20 pop-up giving you all (currently 17) HD channels.

Multi tv connection
Rs. 180 - SD Box (get all channels in the base pack of your primary STB)
Rs. 200 - HD Box (get all channels in the base pack of your primary STB + All HD channels)
And as far as being future-proof is concerned, I can't think what exactly you are looking for. Airtel boxes are 3D ready. Is that what you were looking for?

i have been using Tata Sky for a couple of year now. even during rains the signal usually holds. only ifit is too heavy it drops. i m saying this based on comparison with videocon which drops signals frequently in not so heavy rains as well.

From my experience, i d suggest you to go for Tata Sky. Frankly speaking, I haven't checked other DTHs. If you have any questions about Tatasky, just post it in points and I ll reply back :)

I have been using TS for the last 7 years...i am not facing any problems with them...the only negative point is that they have less HD channels and 1 or 2 channels missing in regional packs...which will be sorted out in another 3 -6 months as TS is now migrating to MPEG 4 which should be completed in 6 months time...

Back