Airtel DTH Digital TV Installation and experience along with pictures of new STB

• Thread starter Thread starter jpskalsi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 22,397
it's a user's point of view. i have similar opinion about airtel iptv. that does not make me an airtel representative...if you disagree with his 'experiences' this thread is open for discussions.

Very useful post.

I got Airtel STB for free (Ok had to pay 700Rs as some charges) on buying a Samsung 40" LCD.Frankly I am not all impressed by there plans, service, flexibility and most importantly QUALITY.1) There are not many HD channels to brag about.2) There customer service is bad. They take along time to respond.3) The Packages are very costly and even the add on channels are costly.4) I have connected both the local cabel and DTH cable(through HDMI) and the quality of Local cabel seems far better. I could,nt belive myself but after browisng through all the channels the fact is Local cable picture quality is better. The difference is not much though but when you are paying a premium over local cabel we expect the premium in quality also.5) The channel change time sucks. Yak. You have to wait like 2-3 seconds to browse through each channel and for a guy using local cabel since forever it is very irritating.\If people planning to buy DTH for their LCD's I suggest get a settop box and see the quality first. Moreover you will be getting most of the channels and need not spend money on extra packages etc..

you might want to check out what videocon has to offer. they are pretty close to launching their own d2h hd service.

Back