Airtel Digital TV DTH Reviews

• Thread starter Thread starter pixu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 79,483
hi all of u three (@ cooldude, dantool, amish)It seems that u are ADTV users Plz reply me of below queries.I moving to ADTV SD (recorder cause of MEPG-4 Picture Quality.Not more excited about interactive serivices ..Do you think ADTV picture quality is satisfied? Its main thing.20% extra dish make difference for picture quality? In little bad wheather it affected badly? (u mentioned that in bad wheather it affected too much)amish > I think u aware of two channels at a same time feature. What was that?Any suggestion on buying ADTV SD RECORD ER. With it can u record two channels at same time?Thanks very much.

@Max24 Bigger size dish doesnt have an impact on the picture quality.Mpeg4 doesnt mean you will have best picture. It ensures they can pack in more channels in a Mpeg4 transponder compared to a Mpeg2 one.Dont think Airtel has the best picture quality.Had some serious pixellation issues but they have rectified it now.

I have 20% extra dish with NOT even a single leaf in between direction of satellite.. its a clear straight sky.

engineers came 2 to 3 times, but they still cud not manage to get me signal during rain.

picture quality is acceptable. but not a DVD quality.

abt 2 channels at same time..its was a quick view feature which allows u to see whats going on ... i have not seen this feature ..but they have mentioned abt this feature in the BOOKLET (along with picture) that came along with the STB. but as per google search Airtel has disabled this feature long back.

----------

Yes you can record two channels at same time. One that u r viewing and one other channel.

What type of LNB they provide for ADTV SD (not HD) Recorder? Is it dual lnb?I would like to go with basic pack comes at Rs. 156 + taxes with add on of cartoon pack Rs. 35 + taxes. Same as I was looking for. I think there is no restriction to choose higher pack each time but no HD :(.

Dont know abt quality /type of LNB.. my LNB has 2 cables going. But if u mean dual satellite LNB.. its not that one.Yes u can go for lowest pack and choose ur addon.I think no limitation of HD as well.

What type of LNB they provide for ADTV SD (not HD) Recorder? Is it dual lnb?

I would like to go with basic pack comes at Rs. 156 + taxes with add on of cartoon pack Rs. 35 + taxes. Same as I was looking for. I think there is no restriction to choose higher pack each time.

any recorder of any type sd/hd has to have a dual LNBF otherwise u cant tune in two things at a time.

@dev There is dual o/p lnb is avail in market where an LNB can give double / more output depend on its o/p sockets. Its true u kno. amish mention type is that lnb.@amish You can guide me very well I think. & I think u have adtv sd recorder. I think u are totally satisfied with ur adtv sd recorder. Am I right?Any remark about ADTV picture quality?Thanks.

My remark wud be that, if it does not rain then its good.Once it rains, then u r on ur luck :DI moved to Value Sports. Reasonable pack, just 175Rs a month including tax.Earlier I was paying 350Rs a month to cable operator. So price wise I am happy.

Thanks members you guide me perfectly. As your suggestions I will watch demo in cloudy wheather & also I will check picture quality compare to MPEG-2. Thanks very much for make my decision much better.

Back