Which ISP do you prefer ? BSNL or AirTel ..

• Thread starter Thread starter Opera Ex.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,562
@Motorazor143The thing is that I earlier used to live in Mumbai and had MTNL BB , the service was great , never had to call the CC, the speed was also good constantly above 200 kBps while downloading on DSL 399 plan. A year ago I relocated to gurgaon and took up Airtel BB 512 kbps plan. The fact is that i only get speed of 70 or below kBps while downloading. So, is BSNL speed the same as MTNL .. as i was thinking of switching over. :)

@/members/opera-ex-/
Advantage of BSNL is that u can easily afford a 2 Mbps connection and night unlimited for 500 bucks.
No similar plan with Airtel for same price.
H24 unlimited Home 750 256Kbps. etc.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Para two : I have Airtel 256Kbps old scheme with Nu 2100-0800 free and Dataone( old name )2Mbps 1 GB limit.
Could switch over to BSNL BB Home 500 for NU ( 0200-0800)
Unwilling to surrender Airtel, and keeping as standby phone/internet connection . No complaints.

@Motorazor143
The fact is that i only get speed of 70 or below kBps while downloading. So, is BSNL speed the same as MTNL .. as i was thinking of switching over. :)

Well, BSNL and MTNL are more or less like the same when it comes to service and speeds..but BSNL definitely has an edge over MTNL on broadband tariffs.Well, for a 512 connection 70KBps download speed is excellent..:)

I really like BSNL in the sense that they are providing broadband at not so reachable places. But probably I'll never buy a BSNL connection as they have horrible support and customer care guys talk as if they are having some "CASUAL" talk.:ashamed:Airtel is awesome when it comes to QoS. (Quality of Service.)

yes u r right...no ISP can beat the quality of service provided by Airtel..their customer care is also well trained, most of the queries get solved on the phone itself...anyhow i still feel that BSNL's plans r too good to be ignored.If i was given an option then i would have gone with BSNL...The only problem is going to be service..most issues which BSNL users face are line problems, which get solved once local lineman visits ur place unlike TATA BB where internet is down for 20 days a month.

@onlytest i m using airtel...mrazr gave razr sharp reasons...!!!! if u want uL airtel is the way to go...

Back