Which Linux Distro do you Prefer

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 6,612
pclinuxos ubuntu suse fedora

search volumes for the distros on google...
since 2003...
http://www.google.com/trends/viz?q=pclinuxos,+ubuntu,+suse,+fedora&date=all&geo=all&graph=weekly_img&ctab=0&sa=N

for last year
http://www.google.com/trends/viz?q=pclinuxos,+ubuntu,+suse,+fedora&date=ytd&geo=all&graph=weekly_img&ctab=0&sa=N

last 30 days..

http://www.google.com/trends/viz?q=pclinuxos,+ubuntu,+suse,+fedora&date=mtd&geo=all&graph=weekly_img&ctab=0&sa=N

hmm... distrowatch has got the ranks messed up for sure..

(source- Google Trends: pclinuxos, ubuntu, suse, fedora)

@power, ya, i tried pclinuxos too and didn't think too much of it :) anyways, the distrowatch.com rank is for "page hits" i believe, im not sure about actual installed user numbers... i bet its ubuntu!

Fedora it is for me !! Always worked gr8...Dunno why but I had trouble getting winbind to work under SUSE 10.3, so had to stick to fedora .

Latest version of Fedora.:thumbsup:

Hello,
Since my choice is not here I am boycotting the vote!!..Pclinux is a easily installable from the point of newbie( read.. windows users).. My compaq presoria Laptop has the following Os configuration.. Vista (preinstalled). Pclinux OS, Ubuntu.7.10, SAMlinux, Granular linux, Mandriva-2008 and Linuxmint-4 B (daryana)..ofcourse I want to install Suse 10.3 in my laptop but after installation while rebooting it simply blow the MBR and the previous linux Grub bootloader.. (Suse damage the Vista loader but now I recover the Windows parttion with recovery cd) But afterwords I want to add fedora-7 but it anaconda installer simply refuse to install, saying it had strange partition layout and want format whole disk for initilising.. So I thank it...it was Mandriva which save the day..only it can see the partition clearly so installation is very easy..Since Pclinux is actually Mandriva in English dress I like it much...
Even I could not approve the ranking given in the Distrowatch .com..After trying the Gutsy Ubuntu deserve the honor...(but I am a basicaly kde man so the hitch)

^^^^I never heard of any newbies (read windows users) installing 6 OSes in his laptop :rolleyes: also I have heard of presario but wat is presoria ?? a new model from compaq ?? hmmm well I have partitioned my HDD before but never heard of parttion may be advanced users know about it I guess. I have afterwards learned a lot but basically afterwords escapes my vocabulary. normally any OS will initialise but you have some sophisticated version of fedora which seems to be initilising. I'm not that fond of the dresses I wear but it seems your OS itself is fond of wearing an English Dress, may be a Brit special. Also I'm basically a good man but it seems you are basicaly a kde man. hmmm well nice meet u in forum hope u post much abut kubuntu as u basicaly kde man with hitch -----------------------------hehehe sorry guys couldn't resist it :P

Installing multiOS with Windows XP is cake walk.. but Vista boot loader is giving some trouble.. also this is not good for hard disk.. as I am manipulating partition tables too many time such a error cropped whenever you install Anaconda based OS Tried kde in kubuntu suddenly I am loving Gnome in ubuntu.. for kde , kubuntu is very poor choice...I am a accountant with little computer experience.. I am still considering myself Newbie

Back