Which Linux Distro do you Prefer

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 6,612
Isnt this kind of poll(s) already done b4r ?

I prefer both open Suse and ubuntu , mandriva is pretty decent too . fedora seems confusing and incomplete and havent tried debian

@krish_88: its pointless asking this question because you will get various answers. if you are asking to decide which one you should install its still a pointless question because you should really try out various distros and make your own choice :)if you really want to know which is the popular distro, check out distrowatch.com on the right hand side for the "page hits" section to get an idea of which are the most popular distros. you can then try out all of them (say the top 3 or top 5) then pick your favourite :)right now i've settled on ubuntu (gnome) and opensuse (kde) as my top 2 choices...oh, and you should increase the choices in the poll... you will offend those who have other distros not on the list! hehethink of pclinuxos, mepis, mint, vectolinux, ark, slackware, puppy, yellow dog, damn small, gentoo, yoper, linspire, xandros etc

Yeh this kind of threads are never ending no matter which forum you visit :D . I am not saying you shouldnt have created this poll but i am sure this kind of discussion has been done here before .BTW make it a generic one if you likeLike Redhat based distrosDebian based distrosSlackware basedGentoo based,etc.

\sabayon , vixta , centOS , knoppix , dreamlinux , sidux , geexbox and kateOSthere are hundreds , categories are betteru wont possibly be able to list em all

Well. The poll is not for me but for the newbies who are in a confused state of mind while choosing their distro. I hope you contribute

I have very limited experience of linux even after using various distros off and on since 2001. One thing I have noted is that the going is easy as long as you don't try to install additional software other than through inbuilt package managers. The moment you step out of that comfort zone, you will fall off a cliff.Having said that, the competition would be between Suse Linux and Ubuntu.

Ummm .. i dont understand why PclinuxOS is still number 1 on distrowatch , ubuntu is better .

Back