Which Screen Protector for Laptop ?

• Thread starter Thread starter karteek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,414
ISP
BSNL
Hi, I would like to buy a screen protector for my new Dell 15.6 Laptop. Please suggest some. Also does laptop screen come with built in anti glare mechanism ? Please educate me.

Thanks !

Does anyone not use any screen protector for your laptops ?

Upvote 0
OK cool. Do you recommend any brand in particular ? I would like to understand from their experience. Is it worth buying them ? Does it have any impact on the screen on long term ? Should we have to be an expert in pasting it ?

Upvote 0
Scratchgard is one company that I know of, who makes screen protectors for laptops.

Actually there's no need of one unless you use it carelessly and ruggedly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Havent really found a need for it. However, i would recommend 3M protectors as they offer the privacy filter - if you will use the laptop in a public place. 3M ones can be detached and fixed easily. They are not cheap though - should cost 3 to 4K easily.

Upvote 0
Use any anti-glare screen guards, it should not affect life of screen for sure

But my honest suggestion as I've dis-mantled a lot of laptops in recent years, you should NEVER use the Keyboard protector skin as it would restrict heat dissipation
from behind the key and from the PCB under it resulting it to run on unfavorable condition and may lead to problems.

Upvote 0
No exact brand name, as I would consider it Consumable and would replace it in few months, or a year to get better looks.

Flipkart does has many cheap ones too, they should be fine too
its the screen size which matters, so don't get confused if it fits other brand or not.

Upvote 0

Back