Which Tablet to buy from USA

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5,081
i do not think you are going to find a 99 dollar offer for the playbook. if you are lucky, you might be. it is definitely not that cheap through regular channels. kindle fire might be useless here in india. because it is tightly integrated with Amazon services which are not going to work here in india. it does not have the official android build. it does not have the official google apps. the web browser is supposed to be not that good. might be fine if you are going to install a custom ROM on it. nook tablet might be a better purchase. but that is still 250 dollars. htc flyer is another option that you might want to consider for a budget tablet.

blackberry playbook is useless at least at the moment because it does not have an email client and it does not do blackberry messenger without having access to a blackberry device.

of course it is not that big of a concern for most people.

these features have been delayed several times. though they are likely to be launched early next year.

just saying. :P

Yeah. Not looking forward for that for these features...I want to use a tablet for sometime to decide whether I can use these gadgets long term. Once am sure will buy a costlier one.

Is kindle fir tablet worth 250 dollars. If yes, will go for that!

----------

Playbook is for 99 dollars for employees. My friend says he can get that!

It's a nice tablet. Clear and responsive touchscreen. Does all of the basic stuff - video, music, email, chat, Skype video, etc. the browser opens all web pages in their original format.. no mobile formats here. The speakers on the Touchpad are really good and loud (Beats Audio). Although there aren't too many apps available. You can access most content through the web browser.
I like the Touchpad so far.. This is my first experience with WebOS. I'm having fun playing around with it and tweaking it. It is worth more than what I paid for it. 
Is it 3G/4G enabled? what is the inbuilt data modem speed? or you can use in wifi only? Can you attach a data card?

if you can get a playbook for 99 dollars. no better alternative out there. RIM should have some cool updates for it next year that would make it much more usable. my cousin bought two of these here in india for his clients as they were available for around Rs. 22000 which is pretty good pricing for the hardware specifications.

forget touchpad. it would be hard to find a unit today. and using it with experimental builds is going to be stupid.

playbook would soon get an update that would enable it to run most android apps natively.

though getting the installers might be not so easy.

----------

BlackBerry PlayBook Android App Player Demo (VIDEO) «Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XRriABMed7M&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.blackberry.com%2F2011%2F05 %2Fblackberry-playbook-android-app-player-demo-video%2F&feature=player_embedded

Is it 3G/4G enabled? what is the inbuilt data modem speed? or you can use in wifi only? Can you attach a data card?

Nope.. The Touchpad is wifi only. No 3G modem. I use my iPhone's personal hotspot for data when I'm out & about.

Back