• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,929

crossword

ISP
bsnl
There are now some that claim to be dust resistant:

TVS Electronics Gold Prime Keyboard

there’s even one that claims to be Anti-Microbial, and Contains Growth of Harmful Bacteria and viruses:

TVS Electronics Gold Bio Keyboard with Anti-Microbial, Contains Growth of Harmful Bacteria and viruses

and then there are the more ordinary ones:

TVS Electronics Gold Keyboard

TVS-e Gold Bharat Wired Mechanical Keyboard with Long Hua Blue Switches with Full 104 Keys Layout (Connectivity - USB) (Black)

are the dust resistant ones really dust resistant? How? does it mean no dirt can get in between the keys?

I asked my computer tech and he said he only has the ordinary ones. He said there’s no such thing as dust resistant and it’s just a marketing gimmick.

Anyone ever used a dust resistant Keyboard? How well did it work?

I see the Keyboards also have some negative reviews, which makes me nervous. Should I buy from my tech? Is buying it online safe?

I want a TVS Gold Keyboard because the one I have is 20 years old and I doubt any other board would have lasted so long. But my tech told me the TVS Gold Keyboards of today will last only 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
they stopped using cherry keys long time ago from what i have read. so they are not as good as they were back in the 90s.

Upvote 1
Yes that is what I read too. But my tech said they are still better than any other. He said the keys are softer and I would have to press harder for any other board like Logitech, plus most other boards will last only a couple of years at best.

So I would really like to know if anyone can answer my questions above. Is there any other forum where people might be more familiar with this board?

Upvote 0
cherry has multiple variants. with different type of response and feedback. iirc brown is supposed to be softer. there is plenty of information online if you want to read about it. stick to tvs gold if you like how it behaves. i dumped tvs gold and went for a different mechanical keyboard last year. took a few days to get used to the different key type but it's ok now.

Upvote 0
I always find it annoying at grocery stores using shitty Dell keyboards with damaged keys. Tvs would always be cheaper in long run.

Upvote 1
I did a search for cherry MX on Amazon and found some that are around Rs 10,000. I saw one review said he’d got it at Rs 5,800.

so I put them in my cart. I’ll wait and see if there’s a huge discount any time.

Upvote 0
There used to be a Gigabyte full size Cherry MX blue keyboard at around rs 2500. It was on mdcomputers and a few other PC specific websites. Haven't seen that anywhere in a while.

Edit: I believe it was this

Upvote 0
Yeah. I waited for that Gigabyte K81 to become available on Amazon for months before ordering a cheapo mechanical few months ago.

Upvote 0

Back